FORUMS: list search recent posts

Reconnecting P2 Footage

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Danny Mears
Reconnecting P2 Footage
on Jan 21, 2010 at 3:52:41 pm

Here's what we're working with:

We have the original P2 footage and the original FCP project file, which had transferred the P2 using Raylight. We do not have Raylight and would like to reconnect the footage.

Is there an easy way to do this from within Final Cut?

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
Re: Reconnecting P2 Footage
on Jan 21, 2010 at 9:26:06 pm

Raylight allows you to read the P2 content as raw MXF, which is something FCP cannot do alone.

Without Raylight you would have to Log and transfer the footage. At that point you might have to manually reconnect the media since the structure changes.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Jan 21, 2010 at 10:49:21 pm

Do you have the folder of small QT movies that Raylight made? They're the link between the MCF and FCP. If so, the following might work. I agree you probably need Raylight, but you can try this. Make sure the drive with the MXFs is attached, then in FCP highlight the clips and choose batch capture. See if that works.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Danny Mears
on Jan 21, 2010 at 11:07:38 pm

So here was the work-around:

I created a new project file and transferred all of the P2 footage using FCP. Since FCP was looking for the QT reference files (named, for example, "p2clip1.mxf"), I then set up a script to add .mxf to all of the file names.

When I re-opened the project file, they all re-connect fine. There was some issue with a couple missing files, but these all seemed to be incomplete clips for which we had the whole clip for. (An issue with card-spanning clips the way they were initially brought into FCP, I think.)

There was probably a more efficient way to do this, but we have it all.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]