FORUMS: list search recent posts

p2 media

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jan terry
p2 media
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:03:38 pm

If I have lets say 10 gigs of p2 media footage and I have the two folders contents manager and last clip file on my hard drive/desktop etc... How can I split up the contents folder /last clip file and burn to several dvd's to give to an outside editor or news station?? In Essence can I successuflly use multiple DVD's to off load my footage and how? Thanks again! Jan

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: p2 media
on Jan 14, 2010 at 8:38:58 pm

The exact P2 file structure needs to be intact if you plan on importing this footage. Not without third party software. So breaking it up won't work.

Either import and they break up the QTs, or get a relatively cheap hard drive and send them that.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Paul Brubacher
on Jan 15, 2010 at 12:08:22 am

Use P2CMS from Panasonic, you can create new folders and export your footage into the folders. P2CMS will display the total file size of your selected clips, so you don't end up with over 4,7g in one folder. Once you have copied the clips, then burn a DVD of each folder created. Of course if a clip is over 4.7g this will not work! You can also use a flash drive.

Return to posts index

jan terry
on Jan 15, 2010 at 12:20:33 am

Thanks I am needing to learn this program struggling a bit! Jan

Return to posts index

Paul Brubacher
on Jan 15, 2010 at 1:49:53 am

The easiest way on a MAC is to pre-create your folders first. Then locate your card/folder with your clips using the button with the 3 dots in the source window. select which clips you want and use file/export.

Return to posts index

jan terry
on Jan 15, 2010 at 10:57:41 am

Thanks much, I did try P2CMS again and discovered that the reason I couldn't import my clips in was because they were still locked... So after unlocking, I find this works very nicely!

So, if I export a clip or a few clips lets say to a new folder on my desktop, can I change the name of the clip so that it doesn't have those file numbers attached to its name, and also by changing the name, can any editor use this newly named clip and is the clip still pure in that it is of the same HQ resolution and retains meta data and all its other properties??? Thanks again so much for your responses! Jan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]