FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2-30P and FCP

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nate Stephens
P2-30P and FCP
on Jan 12, 2010 at 12:11:41 am

I shot our HPX500 at 30p. I used Ray Light to wrap the files for FCP. They show up in FCP in the properties window as 29.97 lower field... But I have read today that they are really still 30p-none field dominance. Is this true. If true is there a method to translate them to interlace not progressive. I am using the footage in an old clients template (interlaced) and the P2 footage is driving me crazy with interlace type problems. Yes I have tried setting the timeline to none etc. It makes it better just not perfect.

I suppose I need to get the P2-30p footage to 30i or the old elements that I have to use - logo animation and backgrounds from interlaced to progressive.

Any ideas, software or words of wisdom..

Times like these make me miss my old AB roll suite.

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: P2-30P and FCP
on Jan 12, 2010 at 3:15:09 pm

Have you tried to Log & Transfer the MXFs with FCP? Try that with one file and see if there's a difference. Sometimes QT and FCP interpret files incorrectly. Here's a link to Media Info. It's a program that analyzes files. It might be more accurate and I think it's a free download.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.8 QT7.6.4 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 3 (FCP 7.0.1, Motion 4.0.1, Comp 3.5.1, DVDSP 4.2.2, Color 1.5.1)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Nate Stephens
Re: P2-30P and FCP
on Jan 13, 2010 at 12:17:52 am

Thanks John,

The media info software said it was interlaced. But the big guys on the FCP were suggesting it was progressive... P2 30p ???

I am staying late to try your suggestion of importing using FCP and not Raylight..

I was watching the evening local news and I am not the only person fighting this.. A big Boy law firm is having the same problem... You can see the interlace problems in their eyes,,,, Yuk

FCP, Mac Pro, Mac Book Pro, HPX500, HVX200, Betacam, Dvcam
Write for the Edit, Shoot for the Edit, Edit.....KISS Principle

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]