FORUMS: list search recent posts

Help with FCP Import of P2 Media .MXF Files?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Franson
Help with FCP Import of P2 Media .MXF Files?
on Jan 11, 2010 at 6:59:27 pm

While in Florida I couldn't get the HVX170 camera I was shooting with to dump our files onto our Macbook so I took the cards to a Video Production House and had the files dumped to my external hard drive. The files are .mfx files which I think are supported in AVID and not FCP? I have FCP 6.0.6 installed on my IMac 2.66ghz. I am looking for the easiest way to get these files into FCP so I can use them for editing. If any of you could provide some help I would greatly appreciate it!

Thanks,

Mike

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Help with FCP Import of P2 Media .MXF Files?
on Jan 11, 2010 at 7:54:11 pm

File > Log and Transfer. Then load the cards in there.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Help with FCP Import of P2 Media .MXF Files?
on Jan 11, 2010 at 11:57:26 pm

Workflow tutorial, if you like visuals.

P2 Workflow with FCP 6

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
Re: with FCP Import of P2 Media .MXF Files?
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:30:01 pm

Hey Shane thanks for the help! I got through the 1st step of log and transfer and a few MFX files were in the window. My problem now is how do i get the rest of my MFX files into the log and transfer window. files are on an external hard drive and i was not able to import them? I went to add custom path and it said "VIDEO" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure. Please choose a folder whose directory structure matches supported media. is there any way you could help me?
Thanks you
Chelly

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:35:39 pm

[chelly ortiz] " I went to add custom path and it said "VIDEO" contains unsupported media or has an invalid directory structure."

Point it to the CONTENTS folder.

Also, did by any chance any of clips say (Spanned) in the log and transfer window?

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:43:23 pm

I tried to import the contents folder and nothing happened? Yes one of the clips said (Spanned) i was able to put different in and out points to log and transfer the 30 min clip?

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
on Jul 13, 2010 at 4:56:38 pm

Jeremy Garchow thanks for your help i noticed that the contents folder had an extra contents folder that was empty once i deleted that contents folder it was able to import the files
Thank You!!!!!
Chelly

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
on Jul 13, 2010 at 11:48:43 pm

Now that i got my .MOV files i am trying to open them in adobe premiere but i am unable to can you help in any way? How would i be able to know what codec final cut 6.5 used to turn it into a quicktime >MOV file?

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Jul 14, 2010 at 12:33:46 am

[chelly ortiz] "Now that i got my .MOV files i am trying to open them in adobe premiere but i am unable to can you help in any way?"

What? Why did you convert the MXF to QT in FCP if you are going to use this footage in PREMIERE? Why not just use PREMIERE! It supports P2. The codec that FCP uses only comes with FCP, and you'll need to buy a third party decoder if you want to use the footage on a machine without FCP. Why not bypass that and just import into Premiere?

I don't understand...

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
on Jul 14, 2010 at 4:30:17 am

Hey Shane, totally makes sense. Someone brought the files to me because they could not import them into PREMIERE. They said they were able to convert quicktimes, i was just trying to help. Would you happen to know how i can import the files into PREMIERE?
Thank you so much for all your help
Chelly

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
on Jul 14, 2010 at 4:45:15 am

Hey Shane, my friends problem is that he has Premier Cs3 and it will not open P2 files with out the upgrade. He insist that i can change the codec setting in final cut? He does not use final cut and can not tell me how it works, would you happen to know if this is possible? and if so, how i can change the codec to a format that will open in premier?
Thanks again
Chelly

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:06:09 am

Is this DVCPro HD? Are they using Premiere on Windows? If so, in order for them to read the DVCPro HD QT movies on windows they will need to buy raylight.

http://www.dvfilm.com/raylight/decoder/index.htm

Jeremy

Return to posts index

chelly ortiz
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:22:00 pm

Hey Jeremy yes it is DVCPro HD? and yes they are using Premiere on Windows. I sent my friend the link and it worked perfect!
Thank you so much for all your help
Chelly

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 14, 2010 at 6:34:52 pm

[chelly ortiz] "Thank you so much for all your help"

No worries, glad it's up and running for them.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]