FORUMS: list search recent posts

Good focus assist LCD/TFT monitor for HPX500

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Niklas Wikman
Good focus assist LCD/TFT monitor for HPX500
on Jan 9, 2010 at 11:08:21 pm

While entering the HD realm, I realize we must have a good field monitor for our HPX500. (I surely hope that the Focus assist is output over SDI on the HPX500..:)

Flanders is one brand (with their own forum here!) and Marshall Electronics another.

But - when reading the forums, you should have a resolution of 1280 or so, shooting 720p (and 1920 for shooting 1080p).

But I can't find any 7" to 10" LCD/TFT monitors with that resolution? Typical resolution is 800x600 - and to me that seems too low, given the recommendations above.

So, what are your experiences? Any suggestions on what to buy are greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

Richard Harrington
Re: Good focus assist LCD/TFT monitor for HPX500
on Jan 10, 2010 at 1:09:43 am

Try SmallHD

Marshall works fine too

Richard M. Harrington, PMP

Author: Video Made on a Mac, Photoshop for Video, Understanding Adobe Photoshop, Final Cut Studio On the Spot and ATS:iWork

Return to posts index

Neil Myers
on Jan 12, 2010 at 4:38:24 am

Does the fact that the SmallHD is not 1920x1080 cause any issues for you when shooting 1080 HD?

Neil Myers
Connect Public Relations
CS4 Master Suite, 3DS

Return to posts index

Emre Tufekci S.O.A.
on Jan 10, 2010 at 1:46:02 pm

We had bought a Marshall HD monitor 3 years ago and we were very disappointed with the results. Now we use it as a coaster. They might have developed their products since but now we use the Panasonic BT-LH80WU.

-In red function for focus
-Built in waveform
-Pixel-for-pixel display is very usefull

The only problem with them is they are very hard to see in daylight.

Emre Tufekci
http://www.productionpit.com

Return to posts index

jan terry
on Jan 14, 2010 at 6:24:04 pm

This is pricey, but I just rented a panasonic 7" field monitor and it was fantastic. It had an anton Bauer mount for battery and was super light with a gorgeous picture: Again costly, but,could be worthwhile in long run! Jan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]