FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 Optical Image Stabilizer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John craven
HVX200 Optical Image Stabilizer
on Jan 8, 2010 at 8:58:59 pm

Hi,

Has anybody ever had problems with their Optical Image Stabilizer? I sold an HVX200 through Ebay, and now the person (a month later) just wrote to say that OIS is malfunctioning and causing the whole image to shake.

"I bought the HVX from you last month and just finally got to use it for a shoot. After running it for a short while we realized that the optical image stabilizer is malfunctioning and causing the actual image to shake. This was not an issue you had mentioned in the listing. Could you please advise what we can do?"

It could have happened through shipping it, but it was packaged in loads of styrofoam, so I highly doubt it was shipping.

Anybody have any advice?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: HVX200 Optical Image Stabilizer
on Jan 8, 2010 at 10:13:00 pm

OIS is meant for handheld footage. If the OIS is activated and used on a tripod, the image can move around a bit.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

John craven
on Jan 9, 2010 at 2:57:57 am

Thanks for response. Have you heard of the OIS ever breaking?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Jan 9, 2010 at 4:38:37 am

No.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Vice President
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 9, 2010 at 7:19:04 pm

It is mechanical so it could break but my guess would be that it would just stop working.

Ask him how is he using the camera. Tripod handheld.

After 30 days I sure wouldn't take it back or give him any money back. If it was the next day I would be concerned. You don't let a something sit for a month and then tell the seller there is something wrong.

If you want to be a nice guy have him send the camera back (at his expense) for you to check out. Did you log the hours the camera had on it, to see how much the camera was used.

I would go to a little trouble to see if there was a real issue but you are under no obligation to do anything after this amount of time.

my 2 cents

Return to posts index

John craven
on Jan 10, 2010 at 2:32:35 am

Thanks guys for the advice. I've asked about tripod/handheld but haven't been able to get any straight answer from her. I'll let you know the outcome.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Jan 10, 2010 at 3:34:11 am

Oh I would ask to see footage before going to far into this.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]