FORUMS: list search recent posts

Is Powerbook G4 Tiger 10.4.11 OK for PCMCIA Slot?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Isaac Brillant
Is Powerbook G4 Tiger 10.4.11 OK for PCMCIA Slot?
on Jan 8, 2010 at 12:37:30 am

Just opened my new HPX170 and have some questions about using my Powerbook G4 PCMCIA slot to read the P2 cards...

1) First off- am I supposed to push the card in all the way into the slot? It feels like its as far as it can go and I dont want to force it, but it's not showing up (and the little release button didn't pop out on its own)

2) I installed the P2 reader from the CD that came with the camera, and the P2 formatter. Am I supposed to install something else as well?

3) Also, I downloaded the software update for the E-Series, and I get this folder.

What am I supposed to do with this? My powerbook says "not a supported file."
And if my HPX170 is brand new, do I need the software update for the E series?

4) I also bought 2 used E series cards at B&H. Should I (re)format them?

5) Can anyone point me towards a recent post or link for a "how-to" guide for using the Powerbook G4 to read the P2 cards and software needed?

(There's tons of into on cow, but its hard to piece it all together when the posts are from different months, and in between various software updates. Don't know what's relevant anymore.)

Thanks!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Is Powerbook G4 Tiger 10.4.11 OK for PCMCIA Slot?
on Jan 8, 2010 at 9:35:47 am

[Isaac Brillant] "1) First off- am I supposed to push the card in all the way into the slot?"

Yup, all the way. Then to get it out, press the button just forward of the slot to pop out the release button, and push. It shouldn't pop out on it's own, you need to first push it in. Like some cabinets work.

[Isaac Brillant] "2) I installed the P2 reader from the CD that came with the camera, and the P2 formatter. Am I supposed to install something else as well? "

They might be old. Get the latest ones from http://www.panasonic.com/p2. Go to the downloads section and get the latest drivers.

As for question 3, I haven't tested any E Series cards myself, so I don't know for sure, but there really should be a need to have a separate driver for them. They have the same format, they just have different inner workings.

[Isaac Brillant] "4) I also bought 2 used E series cards at B&H. Should I (re)format them? "

IN the camera...yes. Always.

[Isaac Brillant] "5) Can anyone point me towards a recent post or link for a "how-to" guide for using the Powerbook G4 to read the P2 cards and software needed? "

Well, the original P2 workflow I did I used my powerbook. Heck, even in the more recent one. All you need is The latest drivers and then...watch this:

P2 Workflow with FCP 6

And your OS version is fine. What version of FCP do you have?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Isaac Brillant
Re: Is Powerbook G4 Tiger 10.4.11 OK for PCMCIA Slot?
on Jan 14, 2010 at 5:44:40 pm

Hi Shane,

Thanks for the reply - Sorry I hadn't seen it till now...

I did get it to work-- thanks for all the info. Now I'm just trying to figure out how I'm going to deal with archiving. Thanks for your help!

Isaac

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]