FORUMS: list search recent posts

how to apply standard name to all clips in log and transfer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Garske
how to apply standard name to all clips in log and transfer
on Dec 17, 2009 at 6:52:30 pm

Hi,

I'm a newbie with P2 technology and I'd like to be able to apply a header to all of the clips I capture before importing them. Retaining the arbitrary numbering on each clip isn't important to me, I just need to find a way to rename all the clips simultaneously on each card with general info about the shoot. How is this achieved?

Also is there any importance to the original naming system?

Thanks for the input as always.

Michael Garske

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: how to apply standard name to all clips in log and transfer
on Dec 17, 2009 at 10:49:35 pm

Metadata.

Check this out:

http://library.creativecow.net/articles/garchow_jeremy/dvc_pro_hd.php

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Matthew Romanis
Re: how to apply standard name to all clips in log and transfer
on Dec 20, 2009 at 8:52:49 pm

MXF4MAC is excellent, though expensive if all you want to do is cascade name in log and transfer.
If you have FCP 7 you can do this, with limited metadata editing (does not get stored to original media, just the converted files)
Open Log and Transfer, click on the Name Preset tab, and select the Edit option. At the bottom of the new page you will see tabs to input your custom name and select the numbering options you wish.
Close the window then select the clips you wish to transfer (multiple selection) and add the to the queue to transfer. You will see all the clips transfer to your project browser with your custom name. You do multiple groups with different names, just input a different custom name then select the clips you wish to transfer and numbering option you want and repeat the process.
Experiment with it a few times to get the hang of how it works.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]