FORUMS: list search recent posts

audio missing from Log and transfer

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Pope
audio missing from Log and transfer
on Dec 16, 2009 at 5:20:57 pm

So When i watch a few of these clips in log and transfer they play the whole clip amd the audio and it is all in sync.
Once I then trasfer the clip into the project the audio drops out in the middle of the clip and the audio and video are out of sync for the first part of the clip with audio.

I have had no trouble with other clips on the same card. It was shot 720p 24.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: audio missing from Log and transfer
on Dec 16, 2009 at 6:17:24 pm

In the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jeff Whye
on Sep 5, 2010 at 1:15:46 am

Shot a lot of footage in 720 24p (on AG-HVX)and lost my audio after I transferred clip into FC.

When I loaded the p2cards I could see the hole clip and hear audio perfectly in sync.

Once I transferred the clip in to final cut. I looked at the footage from the captured file (played it in Qt and Final Cut) and the audio is out of sync starting off and then about 20 - 30 sec in to the clip thy audio goes OUT. Gone. Drops. Is there anyway to get the audio? I erased the P2's already. Please HELP!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 5, 2010 at 6:02:58 am

in the P2 Import window...in the P2 Browser, there is a little sprocket drop down menu. Click on that and choose PREFERENCES. Uncheck REMOVE PULLDOWN and then try importing again.

Shane

Return to posts index

Jeff Whye
on Sep 6, 2010 at 5:32:10 am

Shane, I already erased the p2 cards. I can't import because the P2 cards are cleared. I didnt know that the audio would not be there. I checked the clip in Log and transfer it ll looked fine. So did it not import the audio at all??? but it I can hear it for 20 or 30 seconds and then nothing. Please tell me its somewhere on the transfer info!!!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 6, 2010 at 6:12:50 am

[Jeff Whye] "I already erased the p2 cards. I can't import because the P2 cards are cleared."

Seriously? You didn't back up the cards at all? You just imported, and then erased the cards? Do you capture tapes and then reuse them? Throw them away?

Watch this tutorial right now. Pay close attention to the first 5 min...

Tapeless Workflow for FCP 7 Tutorial

Now...

[Jeff Whye] " So did it not import the audio at all??? but it I can hear it for 20 or 30 seconds and then nothing."

You have your answer. You can hear it for 20-30 seconds...then nothing. But do me a favor...go to where the footage is stored on your media drive...open it in Quicktime. Does it cut out there too? If so...yup, it's gone. This is why you never delete the original media. EVER. Tough lesson to learn, but a mistake you generally don't make twice.

Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]