FORUMS: list search recent posts

Recovering mxf file from a p2 card already on a pc

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Valenti
Recovering mxf file from a p2 card already on a pc
on Dec 12, 2009 at 4:03:13 pm

So here's the situation. We were shooting on a panasonic hvx and lost power a couple of times during performance, so obviously six of the clips were the white box with x and yellow background. I wasn't aware at the time about the repair clip function (never had to use it before in two years). I copied all of the contents to a backup hard drive which has all 16 files on it on the mxf list. When I tried to import into avid, avid keep freezing when it was indexing the p2 drive during its booting phase. I put the card back in the camera and deleted the bad clips. Then put the card back in and everything was fine. When I learned I could have repaired the clips I tried to copy back from the backup drive (which has all 16 clips) back to the p2 card. The copy went through, I put the p2 card in the camera and only 11 clips showed up. When I take the p2 card back in my desktop I can see all 16 mxf files on the list. (NOTE: When I put the p2 contents on the drive, everything is on tact with the original setup meaning the lastclip.txt and contents is also copied exactly what was on the card) So... my question is, can I repair the mxf file that is on my pc so I can successfully bring the clip onto avid. Is there a program that can repair the mxf file so it can be read either by avid or the camera. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Essentially what I did was copy files that weren't repaired yet and want to know if I can get the mxf files to a point I either can get them into avid, or repair them. Thanks in advance for all your help.
Working on Avid Xpress ProHD 5.3
Windows XP Pro

Joe Valenti
Valenti Vision Films
http://www.valentivisionfilms.com

Return to posts index

Victor Fedoroff
Re: Mxf file recovery with p2 cards already on your PC
on Dec 13, 2009 at 12:59:52 pm

Yes it is possible. I am using for this hex editor, But I understand the structure mxf file. There are programs, Which can restore the mxf files, But it also requires some knowledge and possible loss of some information.

Return to posts index

Joe Valenti
Re: Mxf file recovery with p2 cards already on your PC
on Dec 13, 2009 at 4:59:20 pm

That's good news. I don't mind if portions of it don't come back. Any suggestions on how to procedd or who to contact or what programs. I'll pay to have them fixed.

Joe Valenti
Valenti Vision Films
http://www.valentivisionfilms.com

Return to posts index

Mika Orr
Re: Recovering mxf file from a p2 card already on a pc
on Jan 3, 2010 at 12:43:59 am

Hi!
Did you found a solution? a software?
i have a very similar problem.

yak!
Mikooka

Return to posts index

Kevin Stevenson
Re: Recovering mxf file from a p2 card already on a pc
on Feb 25, 2011 at 2:07:53 am

I tried using repair clip and repair Loop, but with no success. I read that a yellow X can be repaired. What, if any, software programs can help?

The clip I need repaired is a time-lapse clip shot with interval recording every 10 min. The thumbnail of that clip is grey with a yellow X. Any solutions?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]