FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Micon Error - woo-hoo!

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Padraic Culham
P2 Micon Error - woo-hoo!
on Dec 8, 2009 at 7:39:48 pm

Came across my first personal "P2 Micon Error" when L&Ting footage from HVX-200 to FCP 6. Found plenty of chatter online about possible causes/fixes, but nothing that I could ID as a definitive fix.

Managed to get all the footage loaded with a workaround that would make the process-junkies cringe and throw rocks at me, but we do what we gotta do.

What's the party-line on this issue? Have we isolated the cause for this error, yet? And do we have a fix?

Mac Pro 2x2.8 QuadCore; 6GB RAM; FCStudio2; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 Micon Error - woo-hoo!
on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:05:45 pm

I thought that had to do with the speed of the data transfer.

Is your camera up to date in terms of firmware?

How are you connected to your computer and what else is connected to your computer?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Padraic Culham
on Dec 8, 2009 at 11:34:19 pm

Must double check the camera, but a firmware upgrade may indeed be due.

Got the error when connected to the Mac via FW 400. No other FW devices were connected at the time. Error came when trying to do the Log and Capture directly from camera to FCP.

WAS able to get the footage using the (seemingly preferred) method of copying the files from the camera, and THEN L&Ting into FCP. (Used USB connection to copy the files to the computer).

Mac Pro 2x2.8 QuadCore; 6GB RAM; FCStudio2; Adobe Creative Suite 4 Production Premium

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Dec 9, 2009 at 3:25:08 pm

[Padraic Culham] "Error came when trying to do the Log and Capture directly from camera to FCP."

Yes, this might have something, if not all to do with it. It is always best to transfer the data off of the P2 cards first, then do your log and transfer.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]