FORUMS: list search recent posts

History Channel P2 specs

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Spirit
History Channel P2 specs
on Dec 2, 2009 at 10:19:00 pm

Just read Shane Ross's article "P2 Tapeless Workflow Helps Rewrite History" Very helpful, thanks Shane.

My question is, since this article was written in 07, is History Channel still at this level of delivery? Looking at their spec sheet it matches what Shane wrote in the 07 article.

We're heading into production on a History show using a HVX 2000 as cam A and a HPX 200 as cam B. As stated on History Channels spec sheet we can only use 25% of the HPX 200.

Looking at the workflow from Shane's article, I want to cut the show at 720p24 (FCP) then bump it to 1080p for delivery on D5 using either our Terenex or after the grade in daVinci Resolve.

Thanks in advance

Martin

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: History Channel P2 specs
on Dec 3, 2009 at 12:20:21 am

[Martin Spirit] "is History Channel still at this level of delivery?"

Yup. Bear in mind that the MAIN camera was a Varicam, and the HVX-200 cameras were B-cameras. The Channel still considers them B-cameras and specifies that only a certain percentage of footage from those cameras can be in the final show.

But then there are cases where the ENTIRE show was all shot with HVX-200s. The show about the tunnel diggers of NY, the guys who dig the aquaducts (forget their actual names) was shot ENTIRELY with those cameras. So if needed you can get wavers.

[Martin Spirit] "I want to cut the show at 720p24 (FCP) then bump it to 1080p for delivery on D5 using either our Terenex or after the grade in daVinci Resolve. "

What will you be editing with? Avid? Then that would be the workflow. On FCP it is a lot cheaper to edit with FCP and cross convert on the fly when you output with the AJA Kona 3 or LHi...that's what we did.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Martin Spirit
Re: History Channel P2 specs
on Dec 3, 2009 at 4:55:02 pm

Thanks Shane, very helpful.

We're all FCP all the time. Been using the P2 FCP work flow for the last 3 years, couldn't live with out it now.

http://www.vimeo.com/2430656

Although our HPX2000 (A Cam) is not a Varicam it's chip size is within the A Cam specs listed.

Cheers

Martin

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]