FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 Audio Jack

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kian McKellar
HVX200 Audio Jack
on Nov 27, 2009 at 1:44:07 pm

My audio jack has been damaged on my HVX200 so I get intermittent audio. I was wondering if I could use the RCA output and a adapter to listen to my audio and bypass my mini audio jack. Trying to avoid the the 350 dollar repair fee.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
Re: HVX200 Audio Jack
on Nov 27, 2009 at 4:53:29 pm

Sure, you could although you would need an adapter to turn the unbalanced RCA line level signal into the correct impedance and output level to drive your headphones. Checking your headphone specs for their impedance level would be a starting point, then a trip to Radio Shack.

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Kian McKellar
on Dec 6, 2009 at 4:09:50 am

I'm afraid that I am a little lost. I've googled impedance and I think I get the gist of it. My headphones are HD280s which have and input impedance of 64 ohms. I can't figure out what my HVX200 outputs. I should get this repaired soon enough.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Nov 27, 2009 at 10:25:00 pm

As a temporary situation, this will work. I would seriously consider the repair at all costs if you use the camera frequently.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kian McKellar
on Nov 30, 2009 at 3:35:16 pm

Can I ask why?

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Dec 1, 2009 at 3:41:21 am

Your camera is an investment.

$350 is a small cost. I can easily make that on 1 shoot. Recording great audio is very important to me. A good set of headphones is also important.

Just like an automobile, if you get into an accident, you get it repaired. That is what insurance is for. Yes, I do have excellent insurance for my car, home and video equipment.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Kian McKellar
on Dec 7, 2009 at 5:01:46 am

Hopefully you have insurance on yourself too. *grin*

I understand your point of view and I will get it repaired soon. I'm worried that as soon as I send it in to be repaired I will get a gig I can't turn down. For a beginner such as myself, 350 is a sizable chunk of cash and I want to explore every option.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]