FORUMS: list search recent posts

Big Files all play as 12 & second clips ??

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Will Zavala
Big Files all play as 12 & second clips ??
on Nov 21, 2009 at 6:24:55 pm

My students are shooting a documentary on the HVX200. They came back and, instead of using FCP to Log & Transfer the files, they just mounted the P2 volumes and copies the files onto their ext hard drive. They DID include ALL the accompanying folders & files. Now, when we play in either FCP or QT Player, we see the first 12 sec. only, and hear the first 30 sec. The file sizes vary as one would expect.
Any ideas on what happened, and on how to play or convert these files? No, can't go back to the P2's--it's a school and they've already been reformatted.

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
Re: Big Files all play as 12 & second clips ??
on Nov 21, 2009 at 8:15:09 pm

Hi,

Did you install our DEMO software - Calibrated{Q} MXF Import or the DEMO software from MXF4MAC - we (and I think MXF4MAC) both have 30 second limitations in our DEMO versions.

If you dont want to pay for additional plugins - then you would have to use Log and Transfer. You could use P2CMS, but with P2CMS the separate video/audio mxf files are not auto-joined and I dont think P2CMS has timecode support when importing directly into FCP.

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

Will Zavala
on Nov 23, 2009 at 4:45:29 pm

They just dragged the files to the their new LaCie ext HD. Did not use MXF4MAC. Do you think the NON-demo version will read these files properly?

Why they didn't use Log & Transfer in the first place--I don't know. They're students. Thanks for the note.

Return to posts index

Greg Booth
on Nov 23, 2009 at 5:06:50 pm

Hi,

Yes, the full version of Calibrated{Q} MXF Import will read the files fine, but as long as the MXF files are in the proper P2 MXF Folder Structure then you still can use Log and Transfer in FCP if you want - you need to see which workflow is best/right for you and your students (editing natively MXF files or Log and Tranfer in FCP)

Cheers,
Greg

Calibrated Software

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]