FORUMS: list search recent posts

Copy P2 cards during a shooting

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Corré van Hensbergen
Copy P2 cards during a shooting
on Nov 20, 2009 at 11:03:23 am

Hi,

Our company has now a P2 HPX301 with 2 P2 32GB cards. I tested the backup of one full P2 cards and timed this actions:

Full P2 30GB > USB2 portable disc: 70 min. (no adapter) incl verifying

Full P2 30GB > USB2 extern disc: 70 min. (7200rpm) incl verifying

Full P2 30GB > 4years old laptop PCMCIA: 60 min. no verifying

So, that's not the way to empty the cards during a shooting. Is my laptop too old and perform a newer model a faster copy? And what is your time?

The firewire connection on the camera doesn't work with my extern Harddisc. It works fine with the FCP. I can read and control the camera and even playback from the FCP to the HPX301 and record it! So, that's working but how to configure the firewire connection with an extern Harddrive?

Have someone a solution? Do you have also long times?

Thank you!

Corré

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
Re: Copy P2 cards during a shooting
on Nov 20, 2009 at 10:50:40 pm

the solution is all over the forum, card readers, but the one from Panasonic is $2K if you are shooting a lot a must. Sonnet is coming out with a express34 solution for a grand. Then there is the dying duel adapter for $120 but it doesn't work with snow leopard.

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Nov 21, 2009 at 12:50:22 am

I can dump 32GB cards with my G4 PB with no verification in 14 minutes. 70 minutes seems ridiculous, USB is pointless with P2. Firewire seems to work MUCH better and a built-in PCMCIA card seems even better than that. If I was stuck with those kinds of dumping times, P2 would be a no-go for me.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Nov 21, 2009 at 2:45:46 am

Me too. A full 32 card takes me 16 minutes to dump in my laptop slot. Then it's even quicker when I go 800 firewire to another drive as a secondary backup. So, it may be cheaper to buy an old laptop or fix your firewire port.

Ned

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]