FORUMS: list search recent posts

downconversion of video thru component or RCA jack?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nelson May
downconversion of video thru component or RCA jack?
on Nov 20, 2009 at 1:37:03 am

Someone has rented my HVX 200 and they are using Video assist. They are shooting in HD. I don't know the resolution. Anyway the Video Assist guy doesn't have a down converter to DV for his rig. I looked in the on-line manual and I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss anything. I don't have a lot of time to dig tonight.

Can HD be down converted to SD inside the camera and sent out through the RCA video out or the component out. I say I don't think so, but I have never had to use my camera for down conversion of live signal for Video assist or to DV monitors while shooting HD.

Cheers.

MBP 2.4GHz 4MB RAM, 30"cine, MAC PRO 2.6 8 core 6GB RAM, Mbox, Neumann TLM-103, FCP HD 7. Pro Tools 8, Adobe Creative Suite, Reason 3.0, Macromedia Studio, ProAnimator, HVX200 with Firestore v4.0

Return to posts index

Tom Brooks
Re: downconversion of video thru component or RCA jack?
on Nov 20, 2009 at 12:12:49 pm

[Nelson May] "Can HD be down converted to SD inside the camera and sent out through the RCA video out or the component out."
Component out can be set to 480i while shooting in HD. A/V IN/OUT Setup.

Final Cut Pro 6.0.5, Mac OS-X 10.5.6, Quicktime 7.6, Adobe Prod Prem CS4, G5 Quad 2.5, Kona-LHe V6, 8.5GB RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7800-GT 256MB, G-RAID 2x1TB FW800, 6TB RAID-5 (Enhance E8-ML, Highpoint 2322), Panasonic HVX-200P P2. Also MBP 17" Core 2 Duo 2.5, 4GB, GeForce 8600M GT 512MB.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]