FORUMS: list search recent posts

Older MacPro Tower for P2 Ingest Station

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Maloney
Older MacPro Tower for P2 Ingest Station
on Nov 18, 2009 at 10:22:31 am

Hi All,

Saw a Demo Today of the MXF4QT package from Spericho for FCP7.

We had the best results after polling the files ( Blazingly fast BTW ) using the AVCINTRA 100 footage on a ProRes HQ timline. In fact we stacked five layers of mixed footage from XDCAM EX in 1080 and 720 and DVCPRO100 on that timeline in Realtime with no render. No Trans coding or re wrapping?

I'm Sold on the MXF4QT suite.

My attention turned to harvesting the Cards from the Camera to feed the beast that goes this hard! It occurred to me that an older Intel PCIE Tower could house two PC-35 card readers giving me access to up to Ten P2 cards @ one time. Handy on a multicam set thats going all day.

Can I use two PC-35 card readers in one tower with a remaining slot for the target Drive?

Will the tower cope with the data of two esata streams? Will five cards in the slots max out the esata stream b4 the tower anyway? Shot Put Pro will probably slow things down a little I guess.

Whats the oldest tower I can use?

Thanks

Tim Maloney
Managing Director
Axis Films Melbourne Australia
tim@axisfilms.com.au

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Older MacPro Tower for P2 Ingest Station
on Nov 18, 2009 at 4:15:45 pm

[Tim Maloney] "Saw a Demo Today of the MXF4QT package from Spericho for FCP7."

MXF IMport is offered by MXF4mac. Spherico has helped to develop the P2 Flow application that is sold by MXF4mac. Just to be clear ;)

[Tim Maloney] "I'm Sold on the MXF4QT suite."

Yes, it's nice, isn't it? We use it everyday. Did you see P2 Flow yet?

[Tim Maloney] "Can I use two PC-35 card readers in one tower with a remaining slot for the target Drive?"

Great question that I don't know the answer to.

[Tim Maloney] "Whats the oldest tower I can use?"

ANything PCIe and intel would probably work. Just not sure about the dual PCD35 situation. Would you really be getting 10 cards at a time?

[Tim Maloney] "Will the tower cope with the data of two esata streams?"

Yes. That's easy.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]