FORUMS: list search recent posts

Duel Adapter Drivers

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dave Neyman
Duel Adapter Drivers
on Nov 13, 2009 at 8:55:30 pm

Has anyone heard when Duel Systems plans to provide software to support the Duel Adapter in Snow Leopard? I'm dying to get a new MacBookPro but am holding out because of this.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Duel Adapter Drivers
on Nov 13, 2009 at 9:19:39 pm

Haven't heard any breakthroughs yet...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 14, 2009 at 1:10:50 am

If you need a MBP get one, buy a cheap USB HD that is bus powered and put Leopard on it. You that as on ingest system drives, it is a pain but it will work.

Return to posts index

Chris Cardno
on Nov 20, 2009 at 3:05:34 pm

Dave, I just saw your question after responding to a similar one further up the board -- Duel apparently stated that they are not going to support Snow Leopard and have no intention of doing so in the future. I'm afraid you'll have to find another way to ingest footage from the cards unless there's a change of heart. Sorry to be the bearer or bad (albeit not first-hand, so you might want to confirm with Duel...) news.

Chris Cardno
Visual Edge Productions
Bethesda, MD

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Nov 22, 2009 at 5:43:22 am

Thanks Chris. I guess Duel just didn't sell enough of them. I guess I'll hang on to one of my P2 Stores as a reader.

Return to posts index

Gerret Warner
on Nov 22, 2009 at 10:24:11 am

Dave,
When I found the the Duel Adapter wouldn't work with my 4GB Macbook Pro I started using my old G4 and Tiger, and that continues to be our workflow. Last time I tried the MB Pro --with Leopard-- the consensus was that you needed to disable 2 of the 4 GB of RAM in order to make the Duel work, something I didn't want to do. I'd be interested to know if they've fixed that.

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Nov 23, 2009 at 6:31:07 pm

I haven't encountered that problem but I only have 2 GB RAM. I doubt they have fixed it though. It sounds like they are getting out of the P2 business by their lack of support on everything else.

Return to posts index

Lee Adair
on Dec 8, 2009 at 8:38:59 pm

Now that Sonnet has released a driver that worked with my eSATA stuff, the Duel Adapter was the only hurdle that I had to moving to SL on my Macbook Pro. So I created a second small partition (easy to do in SL), installed 10.5 and voila; I boot into the 10.5 partition when I need to transfer footage and then have the 10.6 as my default boot partition. I have Shotput Pro installed on my SL partition but it runs fine when I boot from 10.5. Only downside is that FCP won't boot my SL install off the 10.5 partition so I can't easily review footage like I used to.

Cheaper than buying another laptop and lighter to pack only one.

Lee

MediaWorks, Inc.
Your Image is Our Mission; 'On Target' is Our Mantra; Satisfaction is Our Manifesto

Return to posts index

Lee Adair
on Dec 8, 2009 at 8:44:51 pm

BTW, Sonnet says that their new driver also takes care of the >2Gig RAM issue, and, since it's an updated version of the SIL3132 driver used in so many other peripherals, it resurrected my cheap eSATA Express34 card!

Lee

MediaWorks, Inc.
Your Image is Our Mission; 'On Target' is Our Mantra; Satisfaction is Our Manifesto

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]