FORUMS: list search recent posts

Inexpensive pedestal-functioning tripod &/or light kits

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
al hamman
Inexpensive pedestal-functioning tripod &/or light kits
on Nov 11, 2009 at 10:26:35 pm

Does anyone have experience with inexpensive tripods that will securely hold a 12 - 14 lb full sized shoulder-mount camera? I know it wont be a 3K tripod - i know i will give up things - im willing for the current project to give up the smoothness of motion in favor of inexpensive & firm-holding. Thanks in advance.

Also - im interested in daylight softboxes - they vary significantly in cost. does anyone have any thoughts or experience with the more shall we call them cost-effective solutions?

Thank you in advance again, al

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Inexpensive pedestal-functioning tripod &/or light kits
on Nov 12, 2009 at 2:45:58 pm

Varies but a nice Manfrotto or Miller should do the trick- I'm assuming you want low cost too.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Dave Neyman
on Nov 12, 2009 at 7:13:47 pm

Lowel Rifa 1 K Lights with 1/2 blue gel in front give you an inexpensive light with soft box.

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Nov 17, 2009 at 7:50:41 am

if you are not moving the head, any good tripod that is rated for the above 14lbs should work, The thing that makes leg expensive is weight requirements and lightness of the sticks. then the head is what drives the price way up.

Those old school sliver bogen can hold up a tank but they are not made to take up a side of a mountain (unless you have a PA)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]