FORUMS: list search recent posts

FS-100 / P2 & Snow Leopard

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jana Leveritt
FS-100 / P2 & Snow Leopard
on Nov 11, 2009 at 8:08:45 am

I have been using the HVX200 with a FireStore FS-100 and FCP workflow for a couple of years. All of my footage is in DVCProHD 1080i. I was on Tiger OS and everything has been great. I decided to look into the Time Capsule for automatic backup and found that I would have to upgrade.

I got the Snow Leopard upgrade and the Time Capsule. You can guess what's coming next! That's right, now I can't import any of my P2 footage into FCP. I've dug around in the archives and found that there is no driver for P2 under Snow Leopard.

My question is this, are there any workarounds using the FireStore or do I have to wipe my hard drive and go back to Tiger or Leopard?

Jana

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: FS-100 / P2 & Snow Leopard
on Nov 11, 2009 at 2:59:27 pm

I'd go back...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Jana Leveritt
on Nov 11, 2009 at 3:21:35 pm

Doyo have any idea if the work I have done since the upgrade in FCP will still be readable when I downgrade?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Nov 11, 2009 at 7:21:06 pm

You need only downgrade the OS. FCP will not need to be downgraded.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

Miodrag Ristic
on Nov 15, 2009 at 2:59:06 am

Jana,

I don't get it. Do you import footage from Firestore or from P2 cards?
I'm currently looking at getting the FS-100 (currently using FS4Pro for my SD workflow with Canons)
exactly for that reason - to avoid the all P2 import / ingest / back up quagmire.

Are you trying to say that Mac sees your footage somehow as P2 source even though is imported from Firestore as QuickTime. Am I not reading something properly in your post or I'm just misinformed.

Logic behind my idea of Firestore is to avoid the need of backing up P2 cards in the field and use the
Firestore to transfer the QT files to my scratch drive later, and my P2 cards we'll serve just as a back-up
until the Firestore is offloaded to 2 drives at the studio.

Mio

http://www.digitalvideovault.com.au

Return to posts index

Bob Tompkins
on Nov 19, 2009 at 3:43:38 pm

I just recently completed a P2 download into FCP7 on a MacBook Pro with Snow Leopard 10.6.2. I downloaded from the 170 camera. It worked fine. Are you having a FireStore problem or a P2 problem? Did you check with FireStore support for drivers?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]