FORUMS: list search recent posts

Decent Audio Setup?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Davis
Decent Audio Setup?
on Nov 10, 2009 at 7:48:07 pm

hey everyone, I'm new to both creative cow and the world of p2. I recently upgraded to the hpx170 and am now looking for an affordable boom pole. I'm planning on purchasing the Sennheiser ME66 based off of previous personal experience.
any suggestions?
not looking for anything super durable or fancy, just an affordable pole for independent productions.

proud panasonic parent & film student
tylerwdavis.com

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Decent Audio Setup?
on Nov 10, 2009 at 8:01:55 pm

Any decent carbon fiber pole you would find at B&H or J&R would do fine. I go one with an integrated XLR cable that was nice.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Call Box Training now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon 7D, and Panasonic DVX100.

Return to posts index

John Fishback
on Nov 10, 2009 at 8:02:36 pm

K-Tek has a nice line of boom poles.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Tyler Davis
on Nov 10, 2009 at 8:05:32 pm

awesome! I was actually just looking at this kit from B&H:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/421933-REG/Sennheiser_ME66BK_ME66_K6_...
and included is a K-Tek pole with internal cable.

tylerwdavis.com

Return to posts index

Dale West
on Nov 12, 2009 at 12:14:41 pm

Tyler,
While B&H usually but not always has the best prices it might be a good idea to look around a little at
a couple pro audio sales companies. They offer excellent advice in addition to the products you are looking for. Sometimes a few dollars more in the purchase can lead to manny dollars in value added services. Sometimes you can get loaner equipment from them if your stuff needs attention that may take a long time. Most box houses sell the items, they have little or no idea how its used and if it has to go for service they usually don't provide any help with loaners. Another resource is the used equipment they can offer for sale. I've found a bunch of excellent values on their web sites. Money is tight all across the board so make sure that you get the best value for the dollars you spend. A few of the places I have delt with over the years are: TAI Audio, Trew Audio, and Location Sound. There are others but these guys are where I've bought both new and used gear.
Good Luck with your search.

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-892-1201

Return to posts index

Tyler Davis
on Nov 12, 2009 at 6:03:45 pm

thanks so much dale!
i'll definitely check out those other sites; i've been meaning to find another source besides B&H exactly because of that.

tylerwdavis.com

Return to posts index

Eric Ruff
on Nov 27, 2009 at 1:30:29 am

I would be curious if anyone has used the Sennheiser ME66 as an external micropone on the HPX170. I have these two units, but as I understand it, the Sennheiser ME66 is a low impedance microphone while the XLR inputs on the HPX170 are high impedance. That makes me, a newbie, think the two are incompatible.

Radio Shack and others sell impedance adapters,

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2062443

but they all seem to connect an XLR connection to a 1/4" (guitar) plug, so I don't see how I can connect the two.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]