FORUMS: list search recent posts

help lens redrock

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
david hueso
help lens redrock
on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:27:41 pm

Hi there - I´m posting this video here to show what kind of look we were able to achieve using the HVX200 in 720p with the redrock M2 DOP adaptor and a Nikon 24 2.8 lens. I´ve been looking at a lot of material from other users who have the same set up but I´m not convinced I´m getting the same level of detail, quality and focus. Just wondering if someone has some input on this and what you think about the quality of the shots. Apparently we could get better results using a 50 1.4 lens so this kind of feedback is what I´m looking for and your thoughts in general. We´re planning on using the camera for comerial work and need to invest another 3-4K in additional redrock purchases but we want to make sure that the investment will be worth it. Thanks so much in advance!

here is the video
http://www.levector.net/redrock.mov

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
Re: help lens redrock
on Nov 2, 2009 at 5:48:38 pm

Well, you've got some serious vignetting going on and your focus is a little soft and the shot is overexposed. What fstop was your taking lens set to? Is this the M2 Encore (the latest model)? I have a Letus Extreme and it's probably not directly comparable to the Redrock units, but I've found that I can't go any wider than a 35mm lens without getting vignetting.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

david hueso
on Nov 6, 2009 at 11:24:29 pm

Hi Jason - Thanks so much for the quick response and sorry its taken me so long to get back to you. The f-stop would have been 2.8 or 4 for the receiving lens as you loose a lot of light with the redrock system and therefore have to open the f-stop quite a bit, loosing quality, although in this case the shot was overexposed.

In this particular shot I was trying to focus on the building in the center of the shot, and I think it worked out okay, but as I posted in the last mail, I'm still not convinced with the sharpness of the shot. The redrock model is not the M2 encore, which is what I'm hoping to upgrade to as you don't loose so much light so wouldn't have to open the f-stop so much It also apparently helps with vignetting problems and blur on the outer points of the shot.

Do you have any sample footage of the system you're using?

Jeff

Return to posts index

Michael Palmer
on Nov 10, 2009 at 4:02:16 am

I'm not sure about the vignetting Jason sees, bout the Red Rock has a newer (Encore) adapter out that is completely redesigned. I shoot the EX3 and find it to be a completely new experience to the M-2.
Look into the red Rock Micro Encore before you purchase

Good Luck
Michael Palmer

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]