FORUMS: list search recent posts

shooting low light hpx 500

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Lugo
shooting low light hpx 500
on Oct 27, 2009 at 3:10:24 pm

Hello,
I'm Tony and I have a question. I'm looking to shoot a concert on Nov.21 and I'm having trouble with my settings on the hpx-500. Every test I've done has been wrong. Any idea on what settings I should have it on to get the most out of this show? I'm pretty sure it's going to be a low light situation. Thanks for any help in advance.
Tony

Return to posts index

John Fishback
Re: shooting low light hpx 500
on Oct 27, 2009 at 7:52:10 pm

Give us more info about what you've tried and the problem's you're seeing. Post pictures if you think it would help.

John

MacPro 8-core 2.8GHz 8 GB RAM OS 10.5.5 QT7.5.5 Kona 3 Dual Cinema 23 ATI Radeon HD 3870, 24" TV-Logic Monitor, ATTO ExpressSAS R380 RAID Adapter, PDE enclosure with 8-drive 6TB RAID 5
FCS 2 (FCP 6.0.5, Comp 3.0.5, DVDSP 4.2.1, Color 1.0.3)

Pro Tools HD w SYNC IO, Yamaha DM1000, Millennia Media HV-3C, Neumann U87, Schoeps Mk41 mics, Genelec Monitors, PrimaLT ISDN

Return to posts index

Frank Siegel
Re: shooting low light hpx 500
on Oct 31, 2009 at 8:30:23 pm

When you say setting are "wrong", do you mean you're not getting enough "punch" in a low-light situation? I have not used this particular camera, but I believe that, like it's little brothers, the HVX200 & HVX200A (I own both of these), it is not a great performer in low light (small chips, etc.). Please explain what you mean by "wrong". Also make sure that your filter settings are correct (that you are not using the ND filters).

Frank Siegel
President/Producer/Director
VCSvideo, Mt. Laurel, NJ
http://www.vcsvideo.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]