FORUMS: list search recent posts

error status on P2 ingestion

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Noel
error status on P2 ingestion
on Oct 23, 2009 at 1:03:20 am

Really need some help folks. I have some important footage that I can not re-create. During original recording, my camera battery died. I immediately swapped batteries and continued recording. I am trying to now ingest footage that I recorded before the battery died, but I am getting a red warning icon in the status column on FCP ingest. It won't allow me to transfer data. Any help? BTW, I am transfering via usb port next to trigger on HVX 170 (if that makes a difference).
Many thanks,

Doc

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: rror status on P2 ingestion
on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:29:13 am

Is the footage still on a p2 card? If so, put the p2 card in the camera and find that clip in the thumbnail mode. Does it have a red x on it? If so use the menu to 'repair clip'.

If it's not on a p2 card, drag that data set back to a p2 card via USB.

Return to posts index

Dan Noel
on Oct 23, 2009 at 5:03:36 am

Jeremy: Yeah, I ahve taken the clip out of rotation, and not using it. On repair clip, where is that action found? Not sure that I have ever seen that?

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 23, 2009 at 2:57:36 pm

Once you find the clip with the X on it, select that thumbnail and hit menu. It should pop right up.

I can't remember off the top of my head, but it's pretty easy to find.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Dan Noel
on Oct 23, 2009 at 4:04:49 pm

Eureka!!! Awesome. thank you so much Jeremy. I owe you a beer! It worked and the bad clip ingested.

My best to you... and thanks again.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 23, 2009 at 4:22:06 pm

So the reason this happens is that the very very end of the file didn't get 'closed' so to speak. By repairing it, the file is then 'closed' and available to the OS/NLE. This is a very cool feature of the Panasonic P2 workflow. I think the most footage you can lose is two seconds in this type of situation. Not bad.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]