FORUMS: list search recent posts

In Need of Driver (and a question!)

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Thompson
In Need of Driver (and a question!)
on Oct 17, 2009 at 3:53:09 am

Today we used a rented HVX200 to shoot location inserts for the sequel to "2001 Maniacs." The camera has been returned, but I'd like to take a look at the MXF files if at all possible before shipping the hard drive to the editor. Unfortunately, I can't download the driver off the site without hooking the camera up via USB.

Would anyone happen to have the Windows Vista (preferably 64-bit) driver for this camera? Any help would be much appreciated. My e-mail address is writerlog@gmail.com.

P.S. Principal photography was finished with a Sony EX3. Assuming the editor is working from a Mac station, will they have trouble accessing this footage? The camera operator picked this camera up, and I'm a little clueless as to the logistics of Mac/PC and drivers for both.

Thanks!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: In Need of Driver (and a question!)
on Oct 19, 2009 at 1:37:45 am

The driver needed isn't for the CAMERA. The driver needed is for the COMPUTER. You install the driver on the computer so that it can recognize the P2 cards. Those are found at http://www.panasonic.com/p2.

You do not need the camera connected to install the drivers. But, I am confused. You already offloaded the footage to hard drive...therefore you already have the driver. What you want is a P2 VIEWER. Agin, that is found at the website posted, and you do not need the camera connected for this.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Matt Thompson
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:13:55 am

The camera was rented. We took the footage off and returned it. I have P2 Viewer but am having all sorts of odd problems - at this point, it's telling me I don't have the correct audio drivers. I can get a heavily solarized picture in Premiere Pro, but I've yet to find a way to access the actual un-screwed-with clips.

I figured the driver on the website - which I can't download without hooking the camera up - would smooth my problems with P2 Viewer.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Oct 19, 2009 at 2:27:05 am

[Matt Thompson] "The camera was rented. We took the footage off and returned it."

HOW did you do this? Did you copy the entire contents of the card? The CONTENTS folder and the lastclip.txt file?

[Matt Thompson] "I have P2 Viewer but am having all sorts of odd problems - at this point, it's telling me I don't have the correct audio drivers."

Well, since it is PC only, and I only have Macs, I can't help you there. Someone else should be able to.

[Matt Thompson] "I figured the driver on the website - which I can't download without hooking the camera up "

Sorry, but poppycock! Why on earth do you need the CAMERA to download something from the internet? What what drivers are you talking about? The only "drivers" that exist are to allow the computer to recognize the P2 cards. But you have them because you offloaded the cards. Or how did you offload the cards? No other DRIVERS are needed...I am really clueless as to why you think you need the camera.

Do you not have the full P2 cards offloaded?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]