FORUMS: list search recent posts

hdx900

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rob McWilliams
hdx900
on Oct 15, 2009 at 11:06:23 pm

Had a question from client wishing to record live DVD with window while shooting interviews. Haven't had this request before.

ANyone done this?

I see the SONY VRD-MC6 which looks like it might work. I guess using VBS out. But how can I get time as well?

Rob

Return to posts index

Dale West
Re: hdx900
on Oct 16, 2009 at 12:04:42 pm

Rob
Ive done this sort of thing after the shoot using my 1200a and the sony dvd recorder. Just used the video out with info on and connect the analog audio. Make sure the down convert is letterbox or cropped (if you are ending in 4:3 ) You can take a few minutes and put the TC window up or down in the frame. I think that doing it as you shoot will be a little cumbersome as any starts and stops during the shooting will require attention at the dvd recorder. Plus the format time and the finalization of the dvd will take real time during the shoot. I'd push for doing each of them after they are shot. You can do tape 1 while you shoot tape 2 etc. You can even put it in a different area to keep the deck fan noise to a minimum. But if you cant sell the process that way I think you can do it directly from the camera in the downconvert mode.

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-892-1201

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: hdx900
on Oct 17, 2009 at 9:57:38 pm

Turn the cg to on.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]