FORUMS: list search recent posts

Erased P2 Files

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Rick Osborne
Erased P2 Files
on Oct 15, 2009 at 7:08:48 pm

Hi,

I recently erased some files from my computer that were shot with the P2 Card. I purchased a recover software Data Rescue II and it recovered all of my lost DV files and quicktime movies. The files that were shot in HD using the P2 cards were restored, but they are just Black Video. Do I have to attach an extension onto these files to see them, or am I simply screwed. Any help would be appreciated because I haven't slept in days.

Rick

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Erased P2 Files
on Oct 15, 2009 at 7:33:00 pm

Problem with data recovery programs is that they are not as aware of the specifics of video codecs as they are of say a text file. In other words, they can reassemble data files from accidentally deleted clips but not necessarily in the order necessary for proper playback. For that you should try a more pro solution like drive savers. Of course it's up to you to decide if that cost outweighs the value of the deleted footage. In most cases a reshoot is what the doctor ordered and lesson learned...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera! Unlock the secrets of 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, Canon EOS 5D Mark II, and Panasonic DVX100.
Call Box Training
DSLR Cinematography Blog

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]