FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 archive question

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Al Williamson
P2 archive question
on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:27:33 pm

If I back up a partially used P2 card to a portable hard drive one day and the next day, after continuing to shoot to the same card, go to back that up on the same drive, does it just amend the original Contents folder on the drive? Or does it over-right the same folder?

(I know this might seem like a dumb question but we're trying to get this P2 card backup stuff straight)

Thanks so much!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: P2 archive question
on Oct 14, 2009 at 12:54:30 pm

When you offload a P2 card, it will offload the entire card. You can create a new folder or overwrite what you offloaded previously.

Get in the habit of shooting on the card, offload what you shoot, then reformat the card for your next shoot.

Use ShotPut Pro by Imagine Products to make your workflow easier.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Al Williamson
on Oct 14, 2009 at 2:05:29 pm

Steve,
Thanks for the quick response!

Re: your suggestion to off-load after each shoot. Let's say I shoot one day, off-load to the portable drive, re-format the P2 card and shoot the next day on the same P2 card, then go about off-loading. Will I be able to off-load to the same portable drive without compromising my previous day's Content?

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Oct 14, 2009 at 2:23:20 pm

If you have enough room on your drive.

Your original offload will not be affected.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Michael Sacci
on Oct 14, 2009 at 6:21:51 pm

To state the obvious, you have to put this P2's content into a different folder on the drive each time you offload. You copy the entire P2 card file and folders as is to a different folder on the HD each time you do it. Name this folder is what is most important since all the folders off the card will always be the same every time you do it. You NEVER rename these folders. Then when you log and transfer FCP using your folder names as the REEL names for those clips.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]