FORUMS: list search recent posts

Nightare P2/FCP situation

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
cowcowcowcowcow
Sean Roach
Nightare P2/FCP situation
on Sep 18, 2009 at 2:01:53 pm

I've never felt the need to post, because I usually can figure out what I need reading past posts. But so far, I'm still up the creek.

I was given footage shot on a HVX200, transferred from a P2 card and placed on a LaCie portable drive.

I have the portable drive and have backed it up on my media drive.

The files are in their proper directories, and I do have the LASTCLIP.TXT file. I have about 12.5 gigs of footage in the main folder, finder says.

I got P2CMS and it recognizes the clips, attaches them to the thumbnails, but won't play the clips in that program. It just plays a black screen when I try to preview. I ingested them, but that didn't work either, still no preview.

When I try to import in FCP using Panasonic P2 import, nothing happens. I click on the P2 folder (not the contents folder the main p2 card folder) and the computer thinks for seconds and then doesn't load any of the clips into FCP. I have tried unchecking the pulldown box as well. nothing

So I tried dropping in the ingested files, but same problem, nothing is recognized, and it asks me for a translation document.

I am using an older version of FCP (5.1.4) on a OS 10.5.8 Intel mac with 4gigs of Ram. I was thinking I might need to upgrade to FCP 6 at least, but that doesn't seem like it would fix my problem since P2CMS is also acting up and I have never had a problem working with P2 footage before.

Any help would save me from going bald by tomorrow.

Sean

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: Nightare P2/FCP situation
on Sep 18, 2009 at 7:01:26 pm

Answered on the FCP forum. AVCIntra P2 footage and FCP 5.1 don't mix.

http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/8/1054168

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]