FORUMS: list search recent posts

2 projects footage on 1 P2 card/last clip txt ?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maryanne Hamill
2 projects footage on 1 P2 card/last clip txt ?
on Sep 16, 2009 at 5:07:56 pm

I have footage for 2 separate projects on 1 Panasonic P2 E series card. I'm archiving the footage onto a Western Digital 1TB drive working thru a Voyager Q hard drive docking solution. I'm using the Panasonic AG-HPG20 P2 card reader. On the TB drive I've organized the footage into project folders. Then I copy the P2 content including the last clip txt file in the corresponding project folders. Usually the whole P2 card has only 1 project's footage on it. So I copy directly off the card. But recently I got a card that has footage from 2 projects on it. I would like to separate the clips into their corresponding project folders but I don't know what to do with the last clip txt. Can I make 2 copies of the last clip txt & paste it along with the separated footage? The name last clip makes me think that it has to accompany the last clip shot. Is this true?
Thanks in Advance-Maryanne

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: 2 projects footage on 1 P2 card/last clip txt ?
on Sep 16, 2009 at 6:16:12 pm

[Maryanne Hamill] "Can I make 2 copies of the last clip txt & paste it along with the separated footage?"

Not just by dragging and dropping. You can ingest the material in to P2CMS (which essentially makes a 'p2 card' per clip), and then drag those appropriate folders to the appropriate project.

Hope that makes sense, if it doesn't write back.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]