FORUMS: list search recent posts

30p recording

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Farace
30p recording
on Sep 15, 2009 at 9:51:56 pm

I know it is best to shoot sports in 30p when recording in HD, but if I shoot in SD is it better to go 30p vs 60i?

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: 30p recording
on Sep 16, 2009 at 12:13:54 am

That's total opinion on the 30p. What's best is a- what you personally like the most. and/or b. what you're required to deliver on the job.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 16, 2009 at 6:17:20 pm

I think 60p is best for sports (in 720p). No pulldown involved and you are getting the most out of the frames available.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chuck Farace
on Oct 7, 2009 at 4:44:49 am

Thank you. Now if I can just choose a camera. Any suggestions for sports? most from sticks but a little handheld. I also do some corp video to DVD and web. Thanks Jermey

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 7, 2009 at 3:33:30 pm

How much do you have to spend?

Return to posts index

Chuck Farace
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:42:40 pm

I'm trying to say Under 10k if possible. Trying to get best value for the dollar, always consider demo units or slightly used if it makes sense.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Oct 7, 2009 at 9:49:50 pm

Then you can get the HPX300 (which has an interchangeable lens) or the HPX170.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Chuck Farace
on Oct 8, 2009 at 2:14:56 pm

I considered the 300 but have been reluctant due to the 1/3 CMOS chips with the use of fast moving sports. I attempted to rent one, but havent found a dealer in the area who has one. Most said they had no plans to offer it. I did use the 170 last fall and it is a nice camera, lens is a bit short. The LCD/viewfinder was difficuilt to pick up the ball as it apeared as a speck. I would have to get a outboard screen in that case.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]