FORUMS: list search recent posts

HPX300 Write Over?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Ober
HPX300 Write Over?
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:28:08 am

Hey P2 Folk,

I recorded junk (some would say all my footage is junk) to test the camera after putting it together. I tried rewinding to overwrite from the beginning but that does not seem to work. Is there some setting I need to change? No, the protect is not on the card, I can record new vid to it. 32GB E series if that makes a difference.

Thanks,
Robert A. Ober

Return to posts index

Dale West
Re: HPX300 Write Over?
on Sep 9, 2009 at 12:07:15 pm

You cant just rewind and record, ya gotta format the card.
One of the best items shipped with the camera is the user manual. Spend a few minutes with it.

Dale West Video
North Miami, FL
305-892-1201

Return to posts index

Robert Ober
on Sep 10, 2009 at 3:09:51 pm

[Dale West] "One of the best items shipped with the camera is the user manual. Spend a few minutes with it."

One a those guys, eh? :-)

I have read the manual, some parts several times. Did not see anything about this, can you point me to a page for this?

Is this a safety thing so folks don't overwrite stuff they may want? Is it a limitation of the P2 tech?

Thanks for your reply,
Robert
PS: Glad I'm not the only one use "ya" :-)

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:46:45 am

[Robert Ober] "Is this a safety thing so folks don't overwrite stuff they may want? Is it a limitation of the P2 tech?"

It's certainly a safety thing... you cannot just record over clips, on purpose or accidentally.

If you switch the camera into playback mode, you can select and delete single or multiple clips (be reeeeeeal careful you've got the right stuff selected), or you can format a card to erase it fully.

-Adam

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]