FORUMS: list search recent posts

Writing to P2

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Jenkins
Writing to P2
on Sep 8, 2009 at 7:59:18 pm

I'm trying to send some footage that came off a P2 card, back to a P2 card. I have my HVX hooked to my Mac Pro via firewire in '1394 device' mode. This is the way I ingest footage, but the P2 card seems to be 'read only', so I am unable to write anything to the P2 card. Is this doable with what I've got? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Writing to P2
on Sep 8, 2009 at 8:20:17 pm

No, you need to export from FCP to a P2 compliant MXF. You can't input/output via firewire from an HVX.

To get more then read only access to your P2 cards, you should mount the cards via USB2, but dropping a QT movie on to a P@ card, won't make a compatible MXF file.

You can use a P2 recorder that accepts video in to make MXF recordings.

What are you trying to do, exaclty? Play back something?

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:31:31 pm

Sorry, I didn't specify that it is MXF files, exactly as they came off the card. I've got a couple of corrupted clips and I was going to try an in-camera 'repair'. I'll try using USB2. Thanks!

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 8, 2009 at 9:37:31 pm

[Jason Jenkins] "I've got a couple of corrupted clips and I was going to try an in-camera 'repair'. I'll try using USB2. Thanks! "

AH, got ya. Yes, that should work, but it has to be USB on a Mac with an HVX200.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 8, 2009 at 10:12:06 pm

Using USB2 did allow me to write to the P2 card, but, unfortunately the file will not copy over. "The Finder cannot complete the operation because some data in “0002A4.MXF” could not be read or written. (Error code –36)."

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2009 at 6:03:49 am

Hmm. Sounds fishy. Anything you know of that could gave happened? Does the file open in P2CMS?

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Sep 9, 2009 at 2:25:42 pm

The file does open in P2CMS and anything else that supports MXF directly, but it won't play all the way through. There are frames that look like this:

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 9, 2009 at 7:30:53 pm

Ouch, that is corrupted. Looks like something got goofed up in your transfer from the card.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]