FORUMS: list search recent posts

Audio monitoring on the HVX-200

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Steeves
Audio monitoring on the HVX-200
on Sep 8, 2009 at 3:51:53 pm

Does anyone know a way to monitor only the XLR audio inputs on the 200? No matter what switches you flick on the camera, it always seems to want to monitor the nat sound mic as well as the XLR inputs. I haven't seen any posts regarding this issue. You can't even monitor individual inputs as with the larger (HVX2000) cameras.

Thanks!

Apple Certified Final Cut Pro 6
Mac Pro 3.0 Quad
Kona LHe
Panasonic HPX-2000

Return to posts index

John Paget
Re: Audio monitoring on the HVX-200
on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:52:09 pm

I have a similar problem. Was shooting today with lav mic input on Channel 1, and camera mic set to channel 2. While shooting, I could hear both mics. On playback from the camera I could only hear Channel 2.
Switched the lav mic input to Channel 2 just to make sure. Same thing, heard only channel 2.
After importing the p2 footage, both channels of audio are there and recorded OK - so it is clearly just an issue with monitoring / audio playback from the camera.
I searched for any settings in the menu which could affect this - could not find. Seems like you cannot even set the audio playback to monitor a particular channel - not an option - you can only listen to both channels I assume (although I cannot hear channel 1 at all - which means it might be broken?). I am sure I used to be able to hear it.
Strange.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]