FORUMS: list search recent posts

Looking for a real good, comfortable shoulder strap for my HPX300 and belt pack

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Martin Jordan
Looking for a real good, comfortable shoulder strap for my HPX300 and belt pack
on Sep 7, 2009 at 4:21:19 pm

Was in Galveston, TX all day yesterday walking the crowds and beach's taking a lot of video. I was using the default strap that came with my HPX300 and loved the way the clips snapped into handle but the strap itself was not comfortable. I knew right away I need to find a real nice strap for this camera.

Hope this is the right forum.

Even though out of the box this camera is fairly light weight, by the time you add on the battery, light accessories, matt box with 4 x 4 filter & wireless mics, it gains weight pretty fast.

Also, I have an event coming up where I'll be out all day & will need to address carrying extra P2 cards, batteries for mics & extra battery for camera also.

Can any of you share your experience in what you've found to work well to sling the camera over your should for long periods of time and doesn't slip off your shoulder but provides a real nice comforatble fit?

And a belt pack of some sort for other stuff as I mentioned above.

thx in advance.

Dual Core, 3GHz, OS 10.5.7, 16GB Ram, 2 TB internal HD, ATI Radeon X1900 Graphics Card, 4TB External Raid, FCP 6.0.5, Sound Track Pro, AE 9.0.2, Squeeze for the Web, MacBook Pro (MBP) 2.6 GHz, Dual Core, 10.5.7, Panasonic HPX300 Camera.
Owner of Full Graphics Design Firm Houston, Tx 19 yrs.
Mac user since 1988.

Return to posts index

John Cummings
Re: Looking for a real good, comfortable shoulder strap for my HPX300 and belt pack
on Sep 7, 2009 at 11:12:48 pm

For camera straps, these are the best:

http://portabrace.com/category_61_9

I'm an old fanny pack guy, and I like these for tapes, batteries, stuff and water bottles...

http://www.mountainsmith.com/products.asp?productId=23&categoryId=4&subCate...

J Cummings
Cameralogic/Chicago
cameralogic.tv
HDX-900/HDW-730S/DXC-D50

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Looking for a real good, comfortable shoulder strap for my HPX300 and belt pack
on Sep 8, 2009 at 1:32:14 pm

Kata, Petrol or Portabrace all make straps.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

Ned Miller
on Oct 3, 2009 at 12:00:45 am

This is what I do after years of experimenting:

1) Cut the snaps ends off the strap that came with it.

2) Go to a large guitar store and pick out an adjustable strap.

3) Take it all to a shoe repair shop because the cobbler there has a heavy duty sewing machine that will connect the snaps to the new guitar strap.

You will look cool.

Ned

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]