FORUMS: list search recent posts

FCP P2 import

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jim Wilcox
FCP P2 import
on Sep 3, 2009 at 7:37:30 pm

Probably a pretty dumb question. When importing P2 media thru log and transfer I can't seem to monitor audio on my P2 media. I can see its there, just can't hear it thu the Aja HDe card. Once its imported, I can hear audio on the clip, but the video is green hash. Still frame is fine. Media is 720p30 (over60)

I clearly have something set wrong.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: FCP P2 import
on Sep 3, 2009 at 9:03:40 pm

Wow...

First off, what is an AJA HDe card? Kona LHe? So you have audio routed to go out of that card, and you can hear things fine when cutting, but not when in L&T? Hmmm...you should.

[Jim Wilcox] "he video is green hash. Still frame is fine. Media is 720p30 (over60) "

When you play it? Do your sequence settings match your clip settings? Is your AJA card set up to properly view the footage you have? As in, did you choose the proper EASY SETUP to deal with 720p...it isn't set to 1080i or 525i is it?

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:02:28 pm

Shane,

Sorry. Its a Kona LHe card. We are primarily running it for a Media100 HD suite (hence my modified nomenclature) We can ingest P2 to Media 100, but you must ingest the entire clip and cannot monitor audioWe have FCP on the same system, which we have used to deal with AVC-I. Its the first time I have tried importing DVCPro material. The P2 material is 720p30 (not native). I have tried a couple of different "easy setups", but they seem to be oriented to tape based capture. They have all been 720p setups.

I am wondering if we are missing some "easy setups".

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:25:28 pm

YOu have FCP on the same system drive? That might not be wise. But there are 720p30 settings, but only via firewire. Since this is 720p30 (not native) over 60, then use the KONA DVCPRO HD 720p60 setting, that should work fine.

Shane

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:34:08 pm

The log and transfer window is not hooked to the Kona card. Run a cable from your headphone out to your mixer and you will hear the audio. Notice there's no video coming from the card either.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:40:18 pm

Shane. Its actually an approved setup (from Media100) to have them both running on the same drive. It took them awhile to get it here, but it works well.

Jeremy. You're kidding. I did notice I had bars on my monitor when I was logging... So is that a feature to come soon? My CPU is located a couple of rooms away, so I guess I'll have to run something. So, that's the only way to hear what you're logging? Wow.

Return to posts index

Jim Wilcox
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:51:04 pm

Shane,

I do have it set to DVCPRO HD 720p60. If I look in my video settings I am showing the video and audio playback components as

"[missing] DVCPRO (720p60) (1280x720)" and "[missing] DVCPRO HD Out"

This is FCP 6.0.5 with Aja 6.0.3

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Sep 3, 2009 at 10:54:54 pm

You chose the FIREWIRE option. You must choose the KONA one if you want it to work with the Kona.

Shane

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]