FORUMS: list search recent posts

Over cranking and user buttons

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Charles Binn
Over cranking and user buttons
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:25:02 pm

I am a Varicam user and I love to change the frame rate by pressing one user button. You are able to decide on the fly whether you want to shoot a scene in slow motion or normal speed. Especially if you are working on a documentary without a second chance this is a nice feature.
With the HPX 170 and the HPX 300 I have to go into the menu and change the recording mode. This takes time and often you cannot get a shot in slomo.

Wouldn’t this be a feature for a software update? What do you think? Is any Panasonic product manager interested in it?

Charles

Return to posts index

Adam Smith
Re: Over cranking and user buttons
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:40:52 pm

That would be dope. I have 3 user buttons on my HPX-500 and rarely use any of them - nothing really important or exciting to program.

- - -
Video Photographer / Avid & Final Cut Editor

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
on Aug 31, 2009 at 8:01:58 pm

On the HPX170 you can assign the frame rates to the user buttons, but not on the 300, apparently they ran out of room in the memory.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HPX300, HPX170, HVX200A
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
on Aug 31, 2009 at 8:42:13 pm

As far as I know you can assign to the user buttons frame rate plus and minus. To change from 24 to 60p is a long way ;-)
Why not assign a second frame rate to the user buttons like Varicam? One push to 60p, next push back to 24p. This is the fastest way.
What do you mean by “but not on the 300, apparently they ran out of room in the memory”. Is the camera software memory used up?

Charles

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Sep 1, 2009 at 1:53:16 pm

Mapping VFR to the user button is my absolute favorite feature on my HPX170.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

Charles Binn
on Sep 1, 2009 at 2:08:20 pm

As far as I know you can only map frame rate plus and minus, or? But not a given frame rate.

Charles

Return to posts index

Dan Brockett
on Sep 2, 2009 at 12:12:55 am

That sounds correct although you can map a frame rate to the scene files. I have 2fps, 4fps, 6fps and 10fps as my F1 through F3 scenes.

Dan

Providing value added material to all of your favorite DVDs

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]