FORUMS: list search recent posts

the best capture card for DVCPRO HD 720p 25

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
ungku hafiz
the best capture card for DVCPRO HD 720p 25
on Aug 26, 2009 at 3:19:39 pm

hai..im new here..still dont know the proper way to ask question..im just involve as a editor for broadcast tvcommercial and now in process to do a short film..mostly now i shoot using p2card in dvcpro hd 720p 25 with film like look effect and recapture with proress 422 HQ..i want to know the suitable capture card for this method or is there other method that give the best quality for final product..in my country the final product is in digibeta with pal sequence..now im using fcp 6.0.5 and intent to change to version 7 in few month..hopefully u can guide me in this matter..thank you

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: the best capture card for DVCPRO HD 720p 25
on Aug 26, 2009 at 6:31:31 pm

Well, with P2 you do not need a capture card to import the footage. It is tapeless and comes in right off the card, or better to offload the card to a drive first (back it up) and THEN import. But if you shoot DVCPRO HD, then you import as DVCPRO HD. You cannot import as ProRes...and there really is no need. DVCPRO HD is good.

Here is a basic workflow for P2: P2 Workflow with FCP 6

Now...for outputting to Digibeta, any capture card will do. AJA, Decklink, Matrox. All downconvert well to Digibeta.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:38:58 pm

[Shane Ross] "Now...for outputting to Digibeta, any capture card will do. AJA, Decklink, Matrox. All downconvert well to Digibeta."

I beg to differ... The Matrox Axio downconvert is horrible. AJA is great, can't speak to Decklink.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 26, 2009 at 8:47:03 pm

I'm talking MXO2 here...since the question was centered around Final Cut Pro.

Shane

Return to posts index

Jason Jenkins
on Aug 26, 2009 at 9:30:15 pm

Gotcha. That's interesting how the less expensive Matrox product will downconvert nicely but the much more expensive one won't.

Jason Jenkins

Flowmotion Media

Video production... with style!

Return to posts index

Maximilian Dandy
on Aug 31, 2009 at 8:46:55 am

Hi, I had experienced when print DVCAM material to the Betacam SP/ DigiBeta, the color was half dropped than the original. I'd try Compressor to convert to Uncompressed 8 or 10 bit but the result was still the same, so I print it to the DVCAM VTR first then recaptured it with uncompressed 8 or 10 bit, then printed it to the Digibeta or Beta SP, I got the normal color result. Is this will happen also if we print from DVCPRO HD to BetaSP or DigiBeta?

Hi Ungku if you're in Indonesia drop me your email & contact number so we can chat by phone or else :)..
my email: dandy@msystem.co.id

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 31, 2009 at 5:41:47 pm

I have never seen that myself. And I don't get that when I output DVCPRO HD to Digibeta.

What capture card do you have? Oh, but you said it did this via Compressor too...

Shane

Return to posts index

Maximilian Dandy
on Aug 31, 2009 at 7:10:27 pm

I just tried printed it from XDCAM EX to Beta SP... same result.. the color looks "thin", I used DeckLink and Matrox MXO2. Again I do my old way, print it to DVCAM, recaptured with Uncompressed then print it to Beta SP, and I got normal color result.
Maybe it's because DVCAM/ XDCAM EX is a digital format and it's only 3-4 MB/sec and Beta SP is analog 20MB/sec.
And maybe DVCPRO HD has bigger date rate, so got no problem. IMHO

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]