FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 Store Manager "Disconnected".

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
steve paradiso
P2 Store Manager "Disconnected".
on Aug 24, 2009 at 6:40:14 pm

My P2 Store Manager says my Panasonic AJ-PCS060 is disconnected, hence I cannot get any footage off the drive, though it sees footage on P2 cards. I've rebooted the Mac, and nothing.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 Store Manager "Disconnected".
on Aug 24, 2009 at 7:40:28 pm

[steve paradiso] "My P2 Store Manager says my Panasonic AJ-PCS060 is disconnected, hence I cannot get any footage off the drive, though it sees footage on P2 cards"

Eject it and remount it. Make sure that you are in Mac or PC mode (you have to read the manual to set it to whichever you need).

Jeremy

Return to posts index

steve paradiso
on Aug 24, 2009 at 7:44:49 pm

Thanks for the response Jeremy. The drive doesn't show up to eject it, but will show up when I insert a P2 card into it. If I look at the screens for the P2 Store Manager (which are all grey as it is "disconnected" it shows that it's currently set correctly for my Mac, so I'm still lost.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 24, 2009 at 7:54:22 pm

The P2 Store Manager software only works on a certain OS and I can't remember which one. An old one.

[steve paradiso] "The drive doesn't show up to eject it, but will show up when I insert a P2 card into it."

If there's footage on the P2 store, it should show up as a bunch of No Name drives. It doesn't show up as a hard drive. Unplug and replug the USB cable with no card in the P2 Store.

If they aren't mounting, go to the Disk Utility and see if they are showing up there. If so, then mount them. Make sure to take out any cards so you aren't confused by those.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Branan Edgens
on Dec 6, 2009 at 4:15:50 pm

I'm having the same issue. I've never upgraded my P2 store's firmware and I need to so it will recognize 16G P2 cards. Before, you had to use a PC to upgrade the unit's firmware but it seems like the new P2StoreManger for OSX would perform this task. Alas, I have followed all the instructions and when I get to this part:

4. Make sure the indicator in the lower-left corner of the P2Store Manager screen displays
“State: Connecting.”

You can now display the unit’s status and manage it. (See page E-24)

Nothing. All it ever says is "disconnected". I'm getting the impression I still need to upgrade the unit with a PC before the P2Store Manger software can connect to it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]