FORUMS: list search recent posts

Format Err! on my HVX

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Roderick Lee
Format Err! on my HVX
on Aug 22, 2009 at 9:05:48 am

I've searched for hours on this and haven't found anyone with the same problem.

I purchased two new E-series cards just recently and a used HVX200P purchased in December of 2008. There is less than 30 hours logged on the camera so it's still relatively new.

The camera has worked fine for the last month of use. I was shooting a video just earlier today and all of a sudden got a format err! warning on the P2 card in slot 1. I went into MCR mode to find that clip corrupt so I deleted it. However both slots are giving me a Format Err! warning now when I turn the camera on.

I turned the camera off and on several times with no luck of getting both cards to read properly. Luckily through trial and error, I realized if I stick either card into slot 2 alone and leave slot 1 empty, the card will read. Anytime I have both cards in or just one in the first slot, the camera will read Format Err!

I upgraded the firmware thinking it could be a new E-series issue but no luck there either. I am really stuck on this, I hope the camera slot 1 isn't fried. Is there anything I can do? Has anyone else ever experienced this?

Thanks in advance.
Rod.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: Format Err! on my HVX
on Aug 22, 2009 at 4:11:10 pm

I'd take it in for repair- I'd guess the firmware isn't fully upgraded.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]