FORUMS: list search recent posts

HVX200 zoom problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tj Nelson
HVX200 zoom problems
on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:37:41 pm

Seems some gremlins have made their way into my camera or someone was dinking with my settings and I don't know how to revert them.

1) My handle zoom doesn't work. I've gone through the menus and changed them from L/M/H to L/off/M to L/off/H and none of those functions at pos. 1, 2, or 3 control the zoom. (Yes I made sure the zoom switch was set to Servo)

2) When switching the zoom to Servo, the rocker next to the palm grip works (sorta). Zooming in works fine and zooming out works fine, but when in the neutral position it zooms out on it's own.

That being said, I assume that I need to take it in to a Panasonic authorized shop but I was wondering if there are any ways around it. ..tough economic times and all :) .

Thanks for any light shed on my dim little subject.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: HVX200 zoom problems
on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:52:39 pm

That's internal electronics, needs to be professionally repaired.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Tj Nelson
on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:56:14 pm

Figured as much. Thanks.

Return to posts index

David Perry
on Aug 22, 2009 at 2:33:56 pm

Hi,

I have had similar issues with the uncontrolled zooming out. By any chance do you have a Varizoom lanc controller hooked up the zoom/focus remote inputs. That has been a problem for me and possibly it has something that the remote is overriding in your menu controls. Is there a menu setting to turn off the remote control of the camera?

Just a guess.

David Perry

David Perry
Carmen Productions
Leesburg, VA

Return to posts index

eric ranzenhofer
on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:52:20 pm

I had the same problem on 2 cameras last week.sent to pana dealer(inter cité video here in montreal) and they fixed it.I use a vari zoom but I dont think that it is not the problem but i will loock in to it because they changed some parts $80,00 +shop time 2hrs
part:
vgu0d01 top opp button

vw06h2033lo flex

vw12h2120l0 flex

vmz3465 cushion

vmt1749 sheet

good luck

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]