FORUMS: list search recent posts

Panasonic AG-HPG20 P2 Card Reader

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chuck Purnell
Panasonic AG-HPG20 P2 Card Reader
on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:19:56 pm

I shot a project at work but decided to edit it at home. I have the AGHPG20 handheld P2 card reader. The Pansonic guy our company uses told me that the reader will act just like a Hard drive when I set it up to work like that. I am trying to drag the completed project over to a P2 card so I can take it to work and ingest it into our server system.

When i plug up the P2 reader, my computer does not see it. I have it in 1394 mode which I was told by the panasonic rep to do and I am supposed to only need to run a FW cable from the computer to the Reader then change the reader from SDI to 1394 but my computer is not seeing the reader at all. I thought I was going to see a little icon pop up on the screen like it does when you hook up a hard drive.

Now if I put the reader into DEVICE mode and want to drag clips from the reader into my bin in Final Cut Pro, it WILL allow me to do that all day! FCP will see it as soon as I open Log and Transfer so why won't reader work when I want to go back to the P2? Again the correct input is set on the P2 reader.

Any suggestions would be great!

Thanks!!

Cre8tive Minds Entertainment, LLC

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: Panasonic AG-HPG20 P2 Card Reader
on Aug 23, 2009 at 1:53:05 am

As far as I know, it's not a hard drive. You would need clips formatted as p2 mxf at the very least to get footage back to the cards.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
Re: Panasonic AG-HPG20 P2 Card Reader
on Aug 23, 2009 at 5:59:16 pm

You can not natively go back to P2 card from FCP. Raylight will allow you to do this. Premiere CS4 can create a P2 file but can not write the file back onto on the P2 card.

If you had an HD capture card, you could record onto the HPG-20 via SDI. It may be possible to do this via Firewire also.

Read your manual for HPG-20. It explains in detail both playback and record options.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]