FORUMS: list search recent posts

DVCpro 60p ----> 24f convertion - RENDER PROBLEM !

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
mike headford
DVCpro 60p ----> 24f convertion - RENDER PROBLEM !
on Aug 19, 2009 at 11:44:10 pm

I have 13 completed edits, ready to send to a client. the details of my system are :

fcp pro 6.0.6
dvc pro 60p / xd cam ex 23.976
23.976 sequences in fcp

my problem is , when i render my final........ some of my footage ghosts. upon researching , i found that I hadn't used DVCpro covertor on the 60p >23.976 on my 60p source files.

DVCpro Convertor will not allow me to affect any file on the timeline.

will i have to convert my 60p footage to 23.976 , and re edit all my work ??? Is there any way I can change the frame rate on the clips on my timeline ?

ive exhausted every option that i can think of....does anyone know a workaround for this ?

thanks

mike

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
Re: DVCpro 60p ----> 24f convertion - RENDER PROBLEM !
on Aug 20, 2009 at 7:23:42 am

[mike headford] "DVCpro Convertor will not allow me to affect any file on the timeline. "

Because you didn't shoot DVCPRO HD. You shot XDCAM EX. The DVCPRO HD frame rate converter won't work on XDCAM footage.

[mike headford] "will i have to convert my 60p footage to 23.976 , and re edit all my work ??? Is there any way I can change the frame rate on the clips on my timeline ?"

If you want to change the frame rate, you need to convert to ProRes, then reverse telecine to 23.98...or use Compressor to do this in one shot. Whatever you do, you should post this in the proper forum, as this isn't a P2 camera nor is it DVCPRO HD.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

mike headford
on Aug 20, 2009 at 2:28:06 pm

sorry shane, my post wasn't clear

i am trying to convert DVCpro 60p footage, shot on my HVX to 23.976. i know how to achieve this in my FCP BROWSER using DVCpro convertor

however, ive done a ton of editing work and I naively neglected to convert my footage. i now have DVCpro footage on my timeline that needs conversion to 23.976

i hope this is a bit more clear.....

thanks guys

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 20, 2009 at 4:57:09 pm

That's better. You mention a non-P2 camera and that throws things off.

If your footage has already been cut into the show, then you need to convert the footage in the Browser (that will make new clips) and RECUT those into the project. Sorry, no other way. This is because the frame rate changes, and you can't just relink to footage with different frame rates.

Sorry.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

mike headford
on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:20:33 pm

i was afraid of that....oh well, lesson learned.

thanks for your help shane.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 20, 2009 at 5:42:53 pm

[mike headford] "i am trying to convert DVCpro 60p footage, shot on my HVX to 23.976."

Are you sure you shot 24p over 60 and not 24pN?

If so, if you put the 59.94 clips (shot @ 24p) on a 24p timeline, the proper pulldown should be removed.

In the browser, scroll to the right until you find the frame rate (not the codec name). Read what it says and report back.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

mike headford
on Aug 20, 2009 at 7:26:07 pm

jeremy,

ive double checked my footage. the vid rate is 59.94, and the codec is dvcpro hd 720p60

when i import these clips into a 24fps timeline, they play back correctly in my video preview. however upon rendering some wacky ghosting appears in my dvcpro footage only....

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]