FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing back through HD-SDI

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Conner
Playing back through HD-SDI
on Aug 13, 2009 at 2:40:23 pm

I have posted on here before about this same question. I am looking for a cheap HD monitor between 17 and 27 inches that will connect to my Panasonic HPX170's HD-SDI out port. Every HD monitor I look at seems to only have HDMI and no "BNC" jack on it for HD-SDI. Are there only certain monitors that play HD-SDI? Is there an adapter I can get for the HPX170 that will allow me to use an HDMI input?

What are my options?

Thank you so much!

Return to posts index

James Fortier
Re: Playing back through HD-SDI
on Aug 13, 2009 at 4:57:57 pm

I'm also looking for a moderately priced HD monitor for both editing and in the field, but I have the HPX300, which does not have HDMI. However, I have the Blackmagic Intensity card in my Mac so I could monitor using HDMI in post, but in the field the monitor has to be able to accept HD-SDI. My price range is around $2000. Any suggestions?

Return to posts index

Marion Laney
on Aug 13, 2009 at 5:03:46 pm

Hi guys,
Using the HPX300 on Good Eats right now.

From a budget consideration check out the JVC V17L2DU (also has a 25" version) HD-SDI in/out, video I/O, ac/dc, 4/3 safety, DVI (using HDMI to DVI adapter when needed). Color matches to my 17" Panasonic HD CRT quite well.

Marion Laney
Director-DP-sometimes Editor
ideaWercs, inc.
Atlanta, Ga. USA
Producing in HD&35mm&SD
Food Network series "Good Eats" and others.

Return to posts index

Marion Laney
on Aug 13, 2009 at 5:41:56 pm

Oh, the JVC has a good rebate in place now as well.

For an adapter to convert from HD-SDI to HDMI the AJA will do the conversion. From a price point I would suggest a monitor that works for you VS the cost of the monitor & adapter.

I am sure others will have more suggestions

Marion Laney
ideaWercs, inc.
Atlanta, Ga. USA
Producing in HD&35mm&SD

Return to posts index

James Fortier
on Aug 13, 2009 at 5:59:28 pm

pixel res for the JVC monitor is only 1440x900, the Marshall V-R171-IMD-HDSDI 17" LCD Monitor costs about the same after the $400 rebate from JVC and it has 1920x1200 pixel res, however, no DVI or HDMI connection.

Return to posts index

Shane Ross
on Aug 13, 2009 at 9:02:05 pm

If you are only finding monitors with HDMI then you are looking at HTDVs and not pro monitors. The Flanders Scientific (FSI) monitors are great, and have SDI connections. As to Panasonic Pro monitors.

Shane

GETTING ORGANIZED WITH FINAL CUT PRO DVD...don't miss it.
Read my blog, Little Frog in High Def

Return to posts index

James Fortier
on Aug 13, 2009 at 9:08:45 pm

I'm just tryin' to kill 2 birds with one stone by using the same monitor in the field and in the edit room, in the field I need HD/SDI and in the edit room I need HDMI because I have the Blackmagic Intensity card and I don't want to drop another $995 for an upgraded card with HD/SDI i/o.

Return to posts index

James Fortier
on Aug 13, 2009 at 9:11:45 pm

DVI to HDMI adaptor? Is there really such a thing? That would be a lot cheaper than upgrading my video card.

Return to posts index

dusty powers
on Aug 14, 2009 at 3:54:20 am

I just ordered and received a DVI-HDMI adapter for one of my computers. I about paid 4 bucks for it and odered it from a web site which ships from China.

Just beware that there are 4 or 5 types of DVI connectors. So make sure you order the correct one on that end. You might want to check out the following site just for DVI connector info before you order anything from the web. It might save you some time and as well as some money.

http://www.ramelectronics.net/DVI_info.ep

dp

dusty powers
http://www.hdcrew.net

Return to posts index

Marion Laney
on Aug 14, 2009 at 4:49:49 pm

Dusty,
Great to see your name. Hope all is well with you!

Marion (Former SCETV veteran like you)

Marion Laney
ideaWercs, inc.
Atlanta, Ga. USA
Producing in HD&35mm&SD

Return to posts index

Greg Nosaty
on Aug 14, 2009 at 3:28:48 pm

AJA make a mini converter that take HD/SDI to HDMI. Be warned they are not cheap and yu have to order the power supply separately.

http://www.aja.com/products/converters/converters-hd-hi5.php

cheers,
Greg Nosaty

Cinemontage Productions Inc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]