FORUMS: list search recent posts

P2 + New Macbook = problems

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steve Caruso
P2 + New Macbook = problems
on Aug 11, 2009 at 11:27:38 pm

I'm having a huge deal of problems uploading to final cut. Let me give you all the details first, I have a Panasonic AG-HVX200 P2 Camera, I shot footage on the tape thinking it would be easier to upload. I also have a macbook, the new ones with out a firewire port, on this laptop I have final cut pro 5.1. Right now I have no luck uploading footage my laptop and final cut will not recognize the camera connected to my computer. I've tried it with usb 2.0, and also with a 1394 to usb 2.0 cable, still no luck. SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: P2 + New Macbook = problems
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:32:11 am

You need a FireWire port on your computer.

Return to posts index

Steve Caruso
on Aug 12, 2009 at 1:41:37 am

real helpful, you have a link for an external firewire port? otherwise someone help me that has an actual solution

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 12, 2009 at 2:41:22 am

Sorry Steve, I am not meaning to be flip.

If you have a deck that only has analog outs and your capture card only has digital inputs, then you need a card with analog inputs. In your case, the computer is your capture card and it doesn't have the correct port to capture dv. Dv requires FireWire. Find someone who has it.

Return to posts index

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Re: DV + New Macbook = problems
on Aug 12, 2009 at 11:01:10 am

Steve,

Your title implies that you recorded on P2 but in reality you only recorded DV. If you had recorded on P2, then you would have no issue because you could transfer your footage over the USB ports. Unfortunately you chose to record on DV tape, and you have to digitize, and as Jeremy pointed out that will require a streaming input like 1394.

Perhaps you have a friend that has an older computer that will let you use it to capture your footage. Then next time record on the P2s.

Best,

Jan

Jan Crittenden Livingston
Product Manager, HPX500, HPX300, HPX170, HVX200A
Panasonic Broadcast & TV Systems

Return to posts index

Ken Clauson
on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:08:09 pm

What new Macbook would that be that doesn't have firewire? They all do aside from the MacBook Air.

Return to posts index

Steve Caruso
on Aug 27, 2009 at 9:38:04 pm

wrong, do your research before adding your two cents.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]