FORUMS: list search recent posts

32GB P2 card for $495?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Dobovan
32GB P2 card for $495?
on Aug 11, 2009 at 1:35:34 am

Thought I saw an ad for 16GB P2 cards through Creative Cow, offer good until the end of September. Can't seem to find it now though. Has anybody else seen this? Can you point me to it?

Thanks,
JD

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
Re: 32GB P2 card for $495?
on Aug 11, 2009 at 8:49:06 am

Haven't seen it, was it used? E series is around $625.00.
The 64GB E series is supposed to be out this month for just under $1000.00 so if you wait it will be like buying 2 32Gb's at $495.00:)

"thou can not stir a flower without crumbling a star" ......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to posts index

John Dobovan
on Aug 11, 2009 at 3:28:25 pm

Not sure if I can wait but that's good info, thanks. Are you using the E series cards? Is there really such a significant difference between the "E" and the A-series? That's quite a price difference. I'm really only interested in shooting DVCPRO HD and am concerned that the E-series may no cut it.

Thanks,
J.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 11, 2009 at 3:40:39 pm

[John Dobovan] " I'm really only interested in shooting DVCPRO HD and am concerned that the E-series may no cut it. "

Cut what? It's just as fast as the A series card, it's just that the E series is rated for use of filling up the card once a day, every day, for 5 years. That's 1825 uses guaranteed. That's a lot.

You can record all forms of P2 codecs on both A and E series cards.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

John Dobovan
on Aug 11, 2009 at 3:54:57 pm

Jeremy: I should have read the archives before posting that. Looks like the early problems have been resolved. And I cannot imagine sticking with this level system for anything close to 5 years so the lifespan is a non-issue for me.

You seem to be a frequent poster and one of the more knowlegeable ones at that. Have you heard anything further about the release date for the 64GB cards?

And I'm still back to my original query of a source for the $495 32GB cards. I thought it was through the Cow but the mail got deleted before I could get to it.

Thanks,
J.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 11, 2009 at 4:16:24 pm

[John Dobovan] "Looks like the early problems have been resolved"

Yes, most cameras have had firmware updates to support the E series cards, especially for older P2 cams that were released before the introduction of P2 E series cards.

[John Dobovan] "Have you heard anything further about the release date for the 64GB cards? "

Nothing concrete except sometime this fall.

[John Dobovan] "I thought it was through the Cow but the mail got deleted before I could get to it. "

Clicking on the add that is above my response post, I get this:

P2 cards

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Rennie Klymyk
on Aug 13, 2009 at 5:15:59 pm

[John Dobovan] "Have you heard anything further about the release date for the 64GB cards? "

I think it was on the B&H site where they said August but I just checked and they are estimating September now.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/618135-REG/Panasonic_AJ_P2E064XG_AJ_P...

"thou can not stir a flower without crumbling a star" ......Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to posts index

John Sutherland
on Aug 14, 2009 at 12:46:02 am

The last I heard was if you had not previously placed an order for a 64GB card you would not see them till late September (which means October). I'm still waiting for my 32GB cards, which suddenly went from any day now to back ordered. I wanted 2 64GB cards but was concerned I would be waiting tooooo long. I've got work to do. My dealer has been good about providing loaners, but they were not expecting this delay either...

Return to posts index

Greg Nosaty
on Aug 14, 2009 at 3:44:23 pm

[Jeremy Garchow] "it's just that the E series is rated for use of filling up the card once a day, every day, for 5 years. That's 1825 uses guaranteed. That's a lot."

I would bet that that if you open up an A card and an E card you won't find much difference. I think the E card is just Panasonic's way of releasing a product with a more reasonable price point. I'm curious to see someone do a side by side comparison test.

cheers,
Greg Nosaty

Cinemontage Productions Inc

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 14, 2009 at 4:33:55 pm

[Greg Nosaty] "I would bet that that if you open up an A card and an E card you won't find much difference."

Yeah, curious about that.

[Greg Nosaty] "I'm curious to see someone do a side by side comparison test. "

That's an expensive test.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]