FORUMS: list search recent posts

trouble stiching 60min clip spanning 4 p2 cards

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
joe picard
trouble stiching 60min clip spanning 4 p2 cards
on Aug 2, 2009 at 10:57:26 pm

Hello,

So I just shot a play with 2 hvx's. We shot for about an hour non-stop across several cards. Each 16gb card is showing about 7 "clips" on it. It should be all one clip, across 4 cards.

I can't figure out how to stitch the media across more than 2 cards. I'm transferring from the camera, 2 cards at a time, with FinalCutPro6.

I'm new to FinalCut and new to P2.

I'm an experienced film maker and avid editor. I haven't found any literature on this.

I'm thankful for any help.
Jeo

Return to posts index

joe picard
Re: trouble stiching 60min clip spanning 4 p2 cards
on Aug 3, 2009 at 1:01:58 am

Ok I did some experimenting and came up with a solution.

I copied the content folder and the lastclip.txt from each card but two to their own folders. Then I mounted the last two cards in the camera and opened final cut log and transfer.

Log and transfer saw the two cards. I used "add folder" (upper left corner) to add the content from the other cards.

Finalcut saw all of the media and stitched it together as i imported it.

Easy just a little time consuming. It seems like Finalcut should be able to stitch spanned clips after transferring them in their incomplete state.

!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 3, 2009 at 4:33:24 pm

[joe picard] " It seems like Finalcut should be able to stitch spanned clips after transferring them in their incomplete state. "

But you have to understand how the MXF format works. The only way it sitiches the files together is becuase there's acutal data that tells FCP which files need to be stiitched together. Once you make a Quicktime via log and transfer, that data is lost in the QT movie.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Aug 3, 2009 at 1:33:46 am

Transfer the cards in tact with the CONTENTS and lastclip.txt to a new folder on your drive. Open log and transfer and point fcp to these new folders and then fcp should join the spanned clips. Hit submit to queue and the proper spanned clips will become one qt movie.

Return to posts index

Steve Eisen
on Aug 3, 2009 at 1:39:22 am

Your clips have been spanned on the P2 cards. FCP will automatically stitch your clips as though it was one big clip.

I hope you have offloaded your P2 cards onto a minimum of 2 hards drives and are working from the hard drives and not the original P2 cards.

There is plenty of P2 FCP workflow techniques available online.

Steve Eisen
Eisen Video Productions
Board of Directors
Chicago Final Cut Pro Users Group

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]