FORUMS: list search recent posts

Unable to access thumbnail menu in VCR mode.

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Fullturn
Unable to access thumbnail menu in VCR mode.
on Jul 28, 2009 at 11:42:57 pm

Hello,

I'm working with the Panasonic HVX200a camera. I've been using two 16GB P2 cards, which up to now, have been great. Today however after finishing the two cards and transferring the data onto an external G Raid drive I found that I was unable to access the VCR menu mode when it came time to delete whatever I had shot. As soon as I hit the VCR button (button on the back of the camera) I got a green screen which in turn disabled me to access the thumbnail menu. I could review my shots one by one and access the MCR Menu but wasn't able to get to the VCR Menu or thumbnail menu.

Instead, I deleted the media off of both P2 cards on a computer (trashed the contents of the P2 card.) Putting the cards into the camera presented a second problem. A format error.

I have read that I can reformat the card in the VCR menu but cannot access that menu in order to reformat the cards.

So in short my two questions are:

- How can I access the VCR menu/thumbnail menu (after getting the green screen)?

- Is there another way to reformat the P2 cards in order to be able to use them.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Nick.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]