FORUMS: list search recent posts

CCD drop out?

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matt Soble
CCD drop out?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 4:17:12 pm

So, my boss was on a shoot and while he was setting up the HVX200A for an interview, all of a sudden, it looked like the red and blue CCD dropped out. All he was getting was green and yellow in his shot. Has this happened to anyone before? We have brought it in for service and when we hear from them, I'll post. But I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone before.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
Re: CCD drop out?
on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:05:09 pm

As viewed where? Live on the viewfinder? Live to a monitor? Played back in the computer? CCD dropout doesn't really exist more than bad cables I would guess.

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Matt Soble
on Jul 23, 2009 at 6:26:01 pm

Live to the viewfinder and recorded to the P2 cards. I wasn't there, so I don't know all that was tested, but I saw it in the viewfinder and he recorded to cards and loaded to FCP and it was all the same.

Return to posts index

Noah Kadner
on Jul 23, 2009 at 9:37:19 pm

Hard to say but definitely a camera that needs repair. I'm sure the service center will tell you what went wrong. Though of course they can only cover the camera repairs and not your lost production time...

Noah

Check out my book: RED: The Ultimate Guide to Using the Revolutionary Camera!. Unlock the secrets of the 24p, HD and Final Cut Studio.
Now featuring the Sony EX1 Guidebook, Panasonic HVX200, and Panasonic DVX100.
http://www.callboxlive.com

Return to posts index

Matt Soble
on Jul 30, 2009 at 2:49:01 pm

Well...CCD dropped out. Our tech said that in the years he's worked on this camera, this has never happened. Luckily the $2000 part was under warranty...BARELY. Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]