FORUMS: list search recent posts

rename card from p2 store

COW Forums : Panasonic Cameras

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Hill
rename card from p2 store
on Jul 18, 2009 at 8:51:11 pm

I hope someone could help me with this question. To me it seems like a very simple dumb question to be frank but I have been spending the whole day trying to solve it.

I need to be able to rename the "no name" card that is being read off my P2 Store. I can't seem to rename the card. I have reformatted in camera. I need this to go through p2CMS and then raylight.

I have a bunch of other questions regarding this process and have been reading for the last two days. I think i need this part to be smoothed out though and then i can move on.

I hope this isn't an annoying question. I truly have searched. Maybe I shouldn't say that since the answer might be too obvious hahaha.

Please help!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
Re: rename card from p2 store
on Jul 19, 2009 at 7:06:15 pm

Have you tried the P2 formatter application? It comes with the driver download.

Return to posts index

Michael Hill
on Jul 20, 2009 at 2:37:08 am

can't seem to get the p2store to work with the formatter. is there a way to do the raylight workflow without renaming my cards?

i think i might go back log and transfer since i need to create two drives that are identical. i need to work with one and the director needs to have the other. we are going to pass the project file back and forth. would like to pay for raylight only once. is this possible?

does the raylight workflow work with both color and after effects?

THANKS!

Return to posts index

Jeremy Garchow
on Jul 20, 2009 at 3:41:17 pm

[Michael Hill] "can't seem to get the p2store to work with the formatte"

You know, that's right. I forgot that it doesn't work with the P2 store, but it works with the firewire devices, I think that's a Mac thing.

[Michael Hill] "i think i might go back log and transfer since i need to create two drives that are identical."

If you need mirrored drives, why not just put together a RAID 1 mirrored set, at the end you take one and the director takes one. This way, everything you do will be on both drives.

Jeremy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2019 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]